You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

canoin23032020 008 (resized).JPG
20160103_211649_(resized).jpg
20160101_110304_(resized).jpg
20160101_110228_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinhead52.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Ok gang, I have 2 Buckaroo's and 2 Cowpoke to paint..... I want to make up a reusable stencil.

Anybody have any experience with a Home Depot product called hardboard? comes in 2' by 4' by 1/8th inch sheets.

I just did a quick test using this material as a paint and it seems to work pretty well. See the pic below, the darker blue was the fresh line I just painted on a stripped Buckaroo, the edge is very similar to the factory blue edge. If its acceptable I will cut vertical lines in one piece, horizontal lines in another piece (router) and then red 2" circles in a third piece.

Boilerman, painted a Buckaroo?

Comments?

20160101_110228_(resized).jpg20160101_110228_(resized).jpg
20160101_110304_(resized).jpg20160101_110304_(resized).jpg

#6 8 years ago

I have been using Oramask up untill recently, this gives good results but tends to leve an edge ridge. I am now using oil board, a very rigid paper for stenciling.

http://www.dickblick.com/products/oil-board/

I made a set of stencils for KoD/DiaJack and used them for 4 games and dont see why I cant use them again. do need to sand them to remove the excess paint build up.

So ive already cut vert and horizontal stencils out of oil board, will use the hardboard as a weight to keep stencils flat. Will had cut a bunch of squares in more oil board for Buckaroo, a buddy of mine will use his forester bit to cut me a pattern of circles for Ks&Qs.

I do like original as well but when they've been overpainted... no choice.

#7 8 years ago

And Boilerman had a name that cab in another thread, here's my version

20160103_211649_(resized).jpg20160103_211649_(resized).jpg

#9 8 years ago

Haha, pretty good Dirt. Needed a doner cab for my own Kings&Qs repaint and stencil test. Face and bottom board were from a KoD, rest is from a CentralPark. The Central Park bottom board/face was really pretty bad from a family of rats that lived in it for a year...
Had to drill a hole for the ball lifter rod... All I need now is some corner brace material...

4 years later
#12 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Bookmarking this thread, Have two Fast/Quick Draws to do. Anyone make a reusable stencil set per chance???

not hard to do it yourself. tracing paper... and then I like using oil board as the reusable material. Have KoD stencils Ive used 6-7 times. Lay on the tracing paper and cut out.

https://www.uline.com/BL_2652/Oil-Boards

Boilerman uses acrylic sheets as his substrate. to each his own

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinhead52.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stencils-for-buckaroo-cowpoke?tu=pinhead52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.