(Topic ID: 216228)

Stellar Wars: Pin becomes non responsive

By Brewchap

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Brewchap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

The 40 pin interconnect, female connectors and mpu chip have been replaced. Sound, switches and drop targets, Oh and playfield lights are affected. Pop bumpers, flippers and displays work great. It seems like it is trying to catch up with a huge lag at times when it get this away. I'm also using a capped power supply and sound card to rule those out too. What will cause the pin to become non responsive after it warms up?
I can turn the pin off, try again 15 minutes later and can play a game or more before getting pin gets warmed up again.

#3 5 years ago

Thank you for the reply Chris, I checked the MPU board and found that all of the sockets have been replaced but I did find IC13 still had the RH type of socket. I replaced it and reinstalled the boards back into the pin. After a short period of time the pin started acting up again. This time I used a can of compressed air spraying it on difference chips with no luck until I sprayed IC13. Once I sprayed that chip the pin started acting normal. I believe that I have an extra chip laying around, so I will test with that chip and see if this fixes the problem.

#4 5 years ago

Well, it's not as bad as it was, but it's still hesitating on scoring and sound effects.

#5 5 years ago

Any other thoughts or ideas? Still have the same problem.

#7 5 years ago

It turned out to be a bad crystal causing the slow motion effect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Brewchap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stellar-wars-pin-becomes-non-responsive?tu=Brewchap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.