3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SWswitchmatrix (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chisel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

See the video.

The "W" and "A" are out of order above the sonar, both in attract mode and during game play. The appropriate lane roll overs light the correct letters, so it doesn't seem to be a wiring issue. Has anyone seen this before? Any clue why this is happening?

Thanks,
Chisel

#3 3 years ago

System 4 MPU and standard OEM driver board. All Williams OEM boards. I've had this game for a year or two, I've always just ignored it. Most people that play it don't even notice but I notice and tonight it finally got to me enough to want to sort it out. Could this be some weird screw up from the factory or some joker assembly person getting a giggle out of doing something like swapping the wires?

I guess swapping the wires on both sockets and switches should do the trick huh?

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

To be clear:
You activate the W rollover switch (on the far left) and the W above it turns on and the A above the sonar turns on?
You activate the A rollover switch (on the far left) and the A above it turns on and the W above the sonar turns on?
If so, simply swap the red/brown and red/black wires on the W and A sonar lamps.
Red/brown should be on the W lamp.
The lamps above the in-lanes are separate from the lamps above the sonar.

Ok, so I looked at it a bit more here's what I'm finding:

2J5 and 2J7 plugs are all wired correctly.
Activate the W rollover switch on the far left and the W above it turns on and the W above the sonar turns on.
Activate the A rollover switch on the far left and the A above it turns on and A above the sonar turns on.
Switch test indicates the reverse switches from the switch matrix in the manual. i.e. In switch test and I activate W switch (far left) credit display indicates switch 12. Then I activate A switch (far left) and the credit display indicates switch 11.

SWswitchmatrix (resized).jpgSWswitchmatrix (resized).jpg
#11 3 years ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

So the two red lamps light up wrong ONLY when game is flashing all the sonar lights in sequence either in attract or during a game, correct?

Correct. They are only out of order when they are being sequenced, either during sonar sweep during game play or attract mode.

#13 3 years ago

Ok, I quit being lazy (even before your last suggestion, lol) and I got out the schematics and switch and lamp matrix charts. W is red/brown on both bulbs (inlanes and sonar) and A is red/black for both. Both sets of bulbs (sonar and roll overs) were reversed. The letters above the sonar were very obvious once I stood the playfield upright. The wires coming out of the harness actually skipped the W and went to A, then the second set coming out of the harness went backwards to W... how? Who knows.

Next I checked the switches and yes the switches were reversed too. So I've put them all back where they belong and all is well! Who would have figured that all three would be reversed.

Anyway sorry for being lazy and taking so long to look this up myself but seriously, thank you all for the help and nudging me in the right direction! Problem solved! but... how did it get that way? lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Tools
Pincoder Store

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chisel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stellar-wars-attract-mode-out-of-order?tu=Chisel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.