Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Elfman
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0704-1.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Does anybody else sell stealth protectors? I ask this since we have the news of the guy that runs Pinballpal is ill and I do not know if they are processing orders.

I am especially looking for the removable start button protector.

#2 12 years ago

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a similar product. I hope someone else may be able to steer us in the right direction. Anybody know if Pinball Pal is still processing orders or not? Even if it is a full sheet and we had to cut them out that would be a okay with me.

#3 12 years ago

Bump, one more time.

4 weeks later
    #4 12 years ago

So I ordered some stuff from him over a month ago and have not heard from him since, hope he's OK.

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

So I ordered some stuff from him over a month ago and have not heard from him since, hope he's OK.

Someone who knows Mark Clayton mentioned in the thread with his name that he unfortunately has a very long rehab ahead of him; again unfortunately, his business is in limbo till he returns.

#6 12 years ago

PS--PBL sells clear flipper button protectors and if you're looking for the black ones, Pinrescue in Australia sells them (2 pairs shipped to the USA for $14).

Don't know has the start button protectors. Maybe the guy down under sells them too.

#7 12 years ago

Go to an office supply store and ask for, Avery Static Cling Sheets and you can cut your own. While you're there they also sell those hard plastic cards with several tracing holes so you can cut a perfect circle. Or buy a compass to scribe the needed circle.

I prefer Pinball Pals pre cut protectors as they are so well done but cutting your own is much cheaper.

I'm keeping a good thought for my friend Mark but there is no telling when he will return to work.

#8 12 years ago

there is a guy in New Zealand making these stainless steel and clear plastic protectors on the Aussie Arcade web site http://www.aussiearcade.com.au as far as I can make out he is selling them cheap to aussie arcade members. very creative they look really good

IMAG0704-1.jpgIMAG0704-1.jpg

#9 12 years ago

Cointaker sells some that are similar, they are different shaped, I had to trim them on certain games slightly but work great.

http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=912&categoryId=175

#10 12 years ago

I also have used them on my games in the past. It is an excellent product. I really like using them on sterns around the start button and flipper buttons.

#11 12 years ago

You can buy the black ones here...

ebay.com link: sch

#12 12 years ago

Why not just get some felt at your local fabric store and cut it?

#13 12 years ago

I do.

I can accept PayPal.

PM me.

1 month later
    #14 11 years ago

Any update on this guy at pinballpal? I ordered from him 3 weeks ago with no word...

#15 11 years ago

Me too.... Still waiting for at least my $$ to be returned.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from jimjam:

there is a guy in New Zealand making these stainless steel and clear plastic protectors on the Aussie Arcade web site http://www.aussiearcade.com.au as far as I can make out he is selling them cheap to aussie arcade members. very creative they look really good

Attachments IMAG0704-1.jpg (112.2 KB, 0 downloads) 2 months old

These are pretty cool looking...wonder if the dude is still doing these?

Yeah I'd like to order some stuff from this site as well and hope the guy is doing well. I know he is a one man show with the website but there is no one that can update his site with some kind of info??

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Any update on this guy at pinballpal? I ordered from him 3 weeks ago with no word...

Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Me too.... Still waiting for at least my $$ to be returned.

This is what happened to Mark in February:

"This past Sunday night, Mark was rushed to the hospital with what the
    Dr's called "Hypertension induced cerebral hemorrhage", He's been in
    the stroke ICU at Westchester Medical Center since then. I've met with
    his Doctors the last couple of days and here is the latest as of last
    night. He is being medicated to lower/ control blood pressure and
    reduce swelling of his brain/ and to try and get the bleeding stopped.
    As of yesterday's CAT scan, it still showed bleeding occurring. Given
    his condition, surgery was considered too risky. He was awake
    yesterday and had a little to eat and tried to talk to me a bit, but
    all he could muster was some facial gestures and some garbled( very)
    words. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers."

If I'm not mistaken, his stroke was about as serious a stroke as one could suffer--ultimately causing him to lose 100 pounds and essentially leaving him unable to talk or walk.

I understand he's improving, but his recovery will be an EXTREMELY long one.

Because he has lost his source of income, a donation thread was started on RGP and tax-deductible donations can be sent to Mark's PayPal address of MARK AT PinballPal.com.

#18 11 years ago

Wow, thanks for the update. Prayers for a full recovery.

5 months later
    #19 11 years ago

Bump to see if there is any word on how Mark is doing.

3 months later
    #20 11 years ago
    Quoted from NM:

PS--PBL sells clear flipper button protectors and if you're looking for the black ones, Pinrescue in Australia sells them (2 pairs shipped to the USA for $14).
    Don't know has the start button protectors. Maybe the guy down under sells them too.

If PBL sells some sort of vinyl/stealth flipper button protector, they can't be found on their site using the search box. I've searched for "stealth," "vinyl," and even looked through every result of "flipper." Zilch, nada, nothing!

And if there is a Pinrescue in Australia, I can't find them either using a Google search.

How do companies exist today when they can't be found online, let alone their products?

-Brian

#21 11 years ago

You mean these? http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1870

Found 'em in like 5 seconds under cabinet parts

I was unaware Lee at pinball rescue was making anything like this but his site again was pretty easy to google. http://www.pinballrescue.net/

#22 11 years ago

These are Mylar and the others are vinyl. Vinyl is easily removable. That's the difference. The vinyl works on play fields as well.

1 month later
    #23 11 years ago

PinballRescue.net is a great source for those down under, but it you're looking for a quick ship here in North America, I've found a guy in the Tampa, FL area that is making them.

These can protect your flipper button areas and also your start button area. Available in black to cover up existing damage and clear to proactively protect undamaged areas. With and without button holes.

Prices same as what PinballPal sold them for and what PinBallRescue sells them for.

I've received and installed his products already. They are flawless.
    He's in process of setting up an online store. Will post again with more details. Hopefully PinballLife, Marco, Bay and others will start reselling these. It's always nice to buy everything from one place, but so rarely happens...

4 months later
    #24 10 years ago
    Quoted from bstyles:

PinballRescue.net is a great source for those down under, but it you're looking for a quick ship here in North America, I've found a guy in the Tampa, FL area that is making them.
    These can protect your flipper button areas and also your start button area. Available in black to cover up existing damage and clear to proactively protect undamaged areas. With and without button holes.
    Prices same as what PinballPal sold them for and what PinBallRescue sells them for.
    I've received and installed his products already. They are flawless.
    He's in process of setting up an online store. Will post again with more details. Hopefully PinballLife, Marco, Bay and others will start reselling these. It's always nice to buy everything from one place, but so rarely happens...

Well so far, it seems like the only place to get Start Button protectors is through Pinball Rescue. Would love a local solution. Seems like an easy product for any of the major e-tailers to add to their inventory.

Do you have any more info on your guy in Florida?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stealth-protectors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.