Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by BobC
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

MAN! I want that machine. BTW...There are some star trek collectors out there (myself included) who would pay BIG money for anything star trek. I unfortunately am $1000 short, otherwise I would buy that machine. Also, I trust pinside forum much more than I do ebay or craigslist. Especially here in Florida..We had some nuts reply to craigslist ads lately..Florida is nutty enough! LOL

I give it about 6 months, and I will be in the market to afford this theme!!

#52 11 years ago

A local pin flipper is interested

If he thinks he can make a quick buck, my price must be a "steal"

SO THERE!

Bob C

#53 11 years ago

I'd call it a steal Bob, if you were on my coast i'd owe it already and I have absolutely no where to put it at the moment. Mark, If you can't see yourself coming off as a bit of an a hole it might be time for some self reflection....i mean you did post another FS link on the guys thread....how can that not be construed as douchey? That aside, you're probably a nice guy, maybe you just need to read your posts before you put them up, they certainly do give off an air of 'unfriendlyness' and hopefully that isn't what you are going for.

#54 11 years ago

I came into this thread because i thought someone knew of a location kept unlocked and i could steal a pin. Damn you OP!

this is funny..

Quoted from markmon:

Ask $30k for all I care. The machine is priced well and is a fine deal. But when you call it a "steal" you entice people to come look at the thread that are not otherwise interested in buying a Star Trek pinball.

I hate this too! My wife bought some Brillo that was "new and improved"... now it cost $1 more than the "old" stuff which i dont care about, but when i looked at it, there seemed to be nothing "new" or "improved" about it at all! I spent a day washing dishes but it worked nearly identically. I have a theory that the seller put those words "new and improved" specifically to trick my wife into looking at and buying the product. We had some Brillo already. Man my teeth are grinding!!! Will this feeling of being duped eventually wear off???

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

You're the guy that was writing in ALL CAPS if I remember right - something that's generally considered yelling / rudeness on a forum.

Unlike posting a different link to another machine in someone's f/s add. That's not rude, that's making a grammer correction right?

#56 11 years ago

Considering something a steal is relative. Pinsiders get information everyday about new games, trends, prices, mods, fixes and parts. Go to my mall and buy the Sopranos listed for $5,999.99 that's been sitting there for years and has more dirt than an old Stern monopoly at Iplay. WOW. In the forum where I discuss Pyrotechnics, where people actually post dumb things that put peoples lives, freedom and business in danger. It NEVER gets this ugly. Really over a couple hundred dollars against your opinion on what's a steal? I don't care if I'm not an a-list player or a pinball OG. We all have opinions and they differ. I hope my post is 100% accurate and worded perfectly.... Otherwise I'm going on someone's ignore list. GL with your lead OP. I say burn the Borg ship or just give it to someone with a STTNG that might need one so they can post they got it for a "steal".... FREE!

FSP

#57 11 years ago

My buddy has a gorgeous one for sale, with pro speakers, lasers, looms, etcetc...he's asking 4500CAN, would probably go 4k. So 3500 is pretty decent IMO...I think he paid about 3500 for his a couple years ago...condition is everything

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from Wickedquickss:

As much as I hate to agree with BigEhrl, I think he is spot on this time...

thanks!!..

i think?!

-jon

#59 11 years ago

I hate Jon but love to agree with him.

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I hate Jon but love to agree with him.

couldn't agree more.

-jon

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

thanks!!..
i think?!
-jon

yeah man..it was a compliment....welll kinda I was corrected for my forum edicate by Mark on my F/S post by listing it as
**********F/S Goldeneye***************
I removed the astricks and all was good
It Is BeTeR tHaN pOsT wRiTeN LiKe ThIs

#62 11 years ago

Some people have nothing better to do than correct other people's grammar. Me, I've got better things to do with my time.

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

Some people have nothing better to do than correct other people's grammar. Me, I've got better things to do with my time.

Yea ... Like you seem to rather spend your time continually beating a dead horse... I guess that's way better.

#64 11 years ago

STTNG is no longer for sale.

I decided to keep it

Bob C

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

STTNG is no longer for sale.

I decided to keep it

Well, why did you make this thread?

#66 11 years ago

People weren't willing to pay my price, so I am keeping it

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Above average condtion
maintained by Greg Ong
Pinball Pro Speakers
Domed Cannons
Cannon Lasers
Pinbits Borg windows w/led flashers
Manual and schematics
new plastics and protectors and extra plastics
Cliffy's
$1000 worth parts (some unobtainable such as NOS Borg ship etc..) plus Hallmark ships, die cast ships etc.. for modding
Not HUO, not CQ, but easily made CQ
$3500
Please contact me for photos
Thanks!
Bob C

I've always wanted a STNG. I think your price is fine and as a former bay area dude I say this with the utmost sincerity: I wish you were closer!

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

I like the way you think. I think it was a very fair price. If you ever want to sell that Borg ship, I might know someone who'll buy it!

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Kind of puts a hole in your theory of it being a steal then doesnt it. I will say I agree, its a good deal and would have sold pretty quickly around here. But not the type of deal that would have your email blowing up IMO. Sorry the sale didnt work out. You will likely get what you want in the future though given the fair price.

#71 11 years ago

It didn't sell in 6 days. big deal. why pull it?

#72 11 years ago

some unexpected house repairs / expenses came up

so I'm using the money I already set aside to buy a NIB for the house stuff, and keeping the pins I was going to sell to make up the rest of the projected NIB LE cost

obviously the unobtainium borg ship, mods etc...are more valued by me than other people

local people only seemed interested in a perfect cabinet huo STTNG, which you aren't going to get under $4k

and those who wanted a machine in the condition and price range of mine, all were out of state and wanted me to do the PITA pack and ship, and then lower my price to comphensate them for their cost of shipping

meanwhile, the game plays great, has mods, has new plastics and a near perfect playfield, and a few lock down bars holes is the last thing on my mind when I'm playing a game...and I'm thinking if I still sold it, could I afford another in the future? would I be disppointed with it's replacement?

then I played a few games on it...and it's too fun to get rid of, especially since my pie in the sky NIB won't be happening for a year or two now anyways...if the game I was going to buy turns out great, I'll just have to buy it used

Bob C

#73 11 years ago

fyi by near perfect playfield I am referring to very minor wear at the nuetral zone hole which was cliffy'd immediately after I got the machine

B

#74 11 years ago

Photos?

#75 11 years ago

no longer for sale, so I wont be posting photos

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 64.99
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steal-deal-sttng/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.