Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mamemaster
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

Hello everyone,

I want to take a moment here to update my friends and family on something that has happened in my life. Last Wed. I had a blurry/wavy vision in my right eye while I was driving to work which I thought was something stuck in my eye. I decided to call my eye doctor to check it out. They ran some tests and told me to get to the hospital asap. Well everyone what it was turned out to be I was on my way to a heart attack, I got here just in time. I have been here since Wed and I am under great care but my heart and kidneys have suffered significant damage. I apparently have had high blood pressure for awhile which we all thought was just anxiety. I am expected to be able to live a semi normal life meaning no fast foods ,restaurants,smoking you name it. I am very grateful to be alive right now and have every expection of being around and doing everything possible to keep it that way. As alot of you know I own a small business laseriffic which I will be selling here in the near futute for the benefit of my health.
    My last bit of information is get your blood pressure checked regularly as it has serious side effects if you dont.

Joe

#2 6 years ago

Joe,
    I am sorry to hear it, you are a great asset to the community and a great person. Take care of yourself.

Dan

#3 6 years ago

Yep, we are all getting older and need to look after our health

Hope you have a speedy recoverybecause hospital food sucks

#4 6 years ago

Good luck - feel better sir!!!

#5 6 years ago

Take care of yourself, and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

#6 6 years ago

Sorry to hear. Hope you feel better soon!

#7 6 years ago

So sorry to read this Joe. Get yourself better, we need guys like you around!!

John

#8 6 years ago

Bummmmmmmer So sorry to hear about all this happening Joe.....it’s like in one day your whole life has changed drastically. You are nothing without your health bud.....so do whatever you need to to have that for the rest of your life. I hope the business ends up in the hands of someone as passionate as you are with your MODS and customer service. You have a gift and have shared it with us for many years. Thank you and stay healthy pin friend.

#9 6 years ago

Health first. Glad you got to a doc when you did. Speedy recovery.

#11 6 years ago

Sorry to hear this, Joe! Take care of yourself!

#12 6 years ago

Get well soon!

#13 6 years ago

Take care and get better.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Laseriffic:

Hello everyone,
    I want to take a moment here to update my friends and family on something that has happened in my life. Last Wed. I had a blurry/wavy vision in my right eye while I was driving to work which I thought was something stuck in my eye. I decided to call my eye doctor to check it out. They ran some tests and told me to get to the hospital asap. Well everyone what it was turned out to be I was on my way to a heart attack, I got here just in time. I have been here since Wed and I am under great care but my heart and kidneys have suffered significant damage. I apparently have had high blood pressure for awhile which we all thought was just anxiety. I am expected to be able to live a semi normal life meaning no fast foods ,restaurants,smoking you name it. I am very grateful to be alive right now and have every expection of being around and doing everything possible to keep it that way. As alot of you know I own a small business laseriffic which I will be selling here in the near futute for the benefit of my health.
    My last bit of information is get your blood pressure checked regularly as it has serious side effects if you dont.
    Joe

Sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself.

And once your on BP meds, don't settle if they have side effects that suck. Work with your doctor until you find one that works for you. I recommend trying Diovan. I LOVED that med. Had the most amazing dreams every night while on it. Unfortunately, I had to go off and change to something else once the dreams started moving into reality with mild hallucinations. But if you can do that BP med to control your blood pressure and get the great dreams without that side effect, it's fantastic.

#15 6 years ago

All the best to you Joe. When I was collecting in the hobby, always loved your work. It will be missed.
    I'm glad you're getting treatment. I've been treated over 30 years myself for high blood pressure. Your message is spot on. Get checked and get treated.

#16 6 years ago

Joe my friend. We spoke couple weeks ago about my wife and her heart attack on long call. Omg brother, i am in shock. You know i care for you and i wish you complete recovery and good health.
    We will talk soon and I wish all the best in your future plans with business. Sounds like a good time to step back, slow down, enjoy life.

#17 6 years ago

I have had 7 different BP meds already and they feel they have the correct ones. No dreams but I do feel better. I have a chemical stress test tomorrow and if no blockage shows I should be released. I will be closing laseriffic next week but will keep products stocked the best that I can through Cointakers and Planetary till the business is sold. I really love what I do but I happen to love life and my family more.

#18 6 years ago

Eric call me next week .

#19 6 years ago

Wow.. Take care of yourself. Feel better..

#20 6 years ago

Holy crap,Joe; do what you gotta do. Kind of amazing you caught things in good time

#21 6 years ago

Take care of yourself and do whatever is necessary for you and your family.

#22 6 years ago

Hey Joe
    Hope that tomorrow's test is OK and that you will be released.
    Wishing you the best.
    Wally

#23 6 years ago

Sorry to hear, glad you are under great care!

#24 6 years ago

Joe,

Get well, man. For those who haven’t interacted with him, Joe is a GREAT guy. We did a project together, and you, sir, are a class act. I wish you the best. Who knows, maybe one day pinball stuff will be considered relaxing to you and you’ll come back to it.

Best of luck and health.

Mark

#25 6 years ago

Blessings to you Joe . You have a strong constitution . Rob Knapp

#26 6 years ago

Sorry to hear this Joe , many of us have really enjoyed your work and all the great toppers you have produced now and for years to come . Thanks for your artistic talents and creativity !!! Get well soon !!

#27 6 years ago

Joe - close calls are scary, but glad you are still with us. Seems there was a thread about 6 months ago about how to recognize signs of a heart attack (or maybe it was a blast-o-gram email from a friend... not sure). Worth looking up... In any case, do what you can to try to keep it that way.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#28 6 years ago

So sorry to hear. Please take it easy. Your right family is everything. Your products are top notch and I know you will get through this. Thoughts and prayers for a full recovery.
    Harley D.

#29 6 years ago

Yikes hope you get better soon

#31 6 years ago

I'm really sorry to hear that Joe, good thing you had that warning. Modern medicine can work wonders so they'll have you up and out of there in no time. Please keep us posted. Take care.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from Laseriffic:

I will be closing laseriffic next week but will keep products stocked the best that I can through Cointakers and Planetary till the business is sold. I really love what I do but I happen to love life and my family more.

Sorry to hear it but that’s the right perspective! Best of luck to you, take care of yourself, and just consider our books settled if they’re not already.

#33 6 years ago

Joe:

Boy I am sure glad you had warning signs. Thank god!! I hope you feel better and get well soon. I have been on blood presssure meds for 15 years. Runs in our family. Bad genetics. Your toppers are simply amazing!! I have them on most of my machines. You have been a asset to the pinball community for many years. I appreciate all you have done for me over the years.

Get better. God Bless. Tony

#34 6 years ago

Wishing the best for you Joe

#35 6 years ago

Best of luck Joe!

#36 6 years ago

Sorry to hear this news Joe. Happy that you have taken time to prioritise what is important and yes living is just that.
    Love your toppers and have had many on my machines and will cherish them always. Hope you are out of hospital soon and home with family.
    All the best from you Aussie friends and fans.

Get well soon

#37 6 years ago

Hey, Joe, I got my LOTR topper last week, thanks for your quality work. Also, I'm not sorry for you I'm actually glad. You are lucky to have found out before the heart attack hit. Now you can take better care and live a long life.

#38 6 years ago

Glad you got in there in time! Take care of yourself - and if others do have high blood pressure,you need to get it corrected. Serious shit.

#39 6 years ago

Joanne and I are very sorry to hear about your close call.

We absolutely love all the toppers you have made for us and trust that you focus on health and family.

Cheers Buddy,

Dave

#40 6 years ago

I'm glad you checked yourself before you wrecked yourself. Take care of yourself first, everything else second.

#41 6 years ago

Get well soon Joe .

#42 6 years ago

Hope you get well very soon mate, and good on you for taking the road to spend time with family - take care and enjoy your family

#43 6 years ago

Just emailed you off site and came on to find this post. Please disregard and get well soon.

#44 6 years ago

So sorry to hear about this health issue Joe We have worked together on projects and you are sincerely one of the really good guys in pinball! Please take care of yourself. Wishing all the best for you and your family. If your commitment to your health is as strong as your commitment to the quality and integrity of your products, I’m sure you’ll be back better than ever.

#45 6 years ago

Kind regards from France Joe !! Your are the Best !!

#46 6 years ago

Hi Joe,

I am glad you are OK now, as I know what you are going through.
    Time to slow it all down to heal.
    You'll be just fine, and are taking the right steps......
    Look forward to seeing you in full R&R mode.

#47 6 years ago

Thank god you caught it in time, Joe. Hope you're feeling better and will be back home soon.

#48 6 years ago

Wow sorry to hear that Joe. You might not remember me but I bought a few toppers and some mods in the past. Early reaction can make all the difference so thank God you acted quickly. Take care of yourself and focus on the loved ones and your health. That's pretty much all that matters in my book. All the best

Chris

#49 6 years ago

Very sorry to hear this news, but glad you caught it and best to focus on your health.

#50 6 years ago

DuDe!

Your are very lucky indeed!! I'm so sorry to hear this.... wishing you a speedy recovery. If there is anything I can do for you let me know.
    Speedy recovery my friend.

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/status-of-laseriffic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.