Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Hogey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I just recently started having a problem on my IJ. I started getting static during gameplay especially during a loud mode. I've heard rumblings about problems like this with Pinball Pro subwoofers. I do have one of these installed. Any one else have this problem or other thoughts?

Thanks.

#2 8 years ago

The smoothing capacitors (the two large ones on the sound board) may be starting to go bad. They do that a lot. I had the same problem before getting my IJ HEP'ed...when it came back, the problem was gone, and it looked like there were two new caps there. If this just started on its own, that'd be the first place I look.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks for the help...I'll give it a try.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Hogey:

I just recently started having a problem on my IJ. I started getting static during gameplay especially during a loud mode. I've heard rumblings about problems like this with Pinball Pro subwoofers. I do have one of these installed. Any one else have this problem or other thoughts?
Thanks.

A speaker doesn't cause static......it's only plays what is sent to it. The board, wiring, and ground wires on the other hand can cause static.

Unless the speaker is damaged, in that case, it is not static, but usually a rattle, or a blown speaker the bass will distort terribly.

I have not heard this issue before, but these rumblings you speak of.....I will gladly help the owners resolve their issues.

I have however, had people purchase our speakers in hopes to eliminate the static problem they were having. I advised them it would not likely resolve the issue (unless wiring related since we include wiring). However the subwoofer wiring is still stock on the IJ, even with an upgrade.

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#5 8 years ago

Thanks for the info Greg. I have PinballPro subs in 6 of my machines and they are topnotch. They all work and sound great. I mentioned the static issue to a friend of mine and he asked if I had a PP sub in the machine. I advised yes. He advised that he had heard of the problem before. That's all. Not dissing your subs at all, just trying to figure out why I'm having this problem.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
25,000 (Firm)
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Toppers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
14,000 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 1,419.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 63.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 85.00
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/static-in-speakers-on-ij and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.