You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C734D634-88B2-48DF-B70B-4AD331420EC1 (resized).jpeg
82E26A1B-C513-441C-A49C-443393B6151B (resized).jpeg
375A881F-F62C-44D3-92B4-92AA2B7F4E8B (resized).jpeg

#1 6 years ago

I just bought a Starwars LE 4 weeks ago and I notice I have an issue with outlane gate. When the ball goes down the outlane and the outlane gate opens then the ball ends up in the shooter lane, the gate doesn’t close and reset. Even when it goes into a new game or another player the outlane gate does not close or reset. Even when I shut the game down and started it up again the outlane gate stays open and doesn’t reset. Any ideas on a fix for this and has anybody else experienced this issue.

375A881F-F62C-44D3-92B4-92AA2B7F4E8B (resized).jpeg375A881F-F62C-44D3-92B4-92AA2B7F4E8B (resized).jpeg

82E26A1B-C513-441C-A49C-443393B6151B (resized).jpeg82E26A1B-C513-441C-A49C-443393B6151B (resized).jpeg

C734D634-88B2-48DF-B70B-4AD331420EC1 (resized).jpegC734D634-88B2-48DF-B70B-4AD331420EC1 (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago

hey there --- there is a larger thread dedicated to SWLE problems ... you may get more assistance there: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-problems-and-solutions/page/4#post-4019538

#3 6 years ago

I already checked and no reported issue on that thread. Thank you I’ve posted my question there too.

#4 6 years ago

If you push it by hand while the game is off or on does it move freely back into place?

#5 6 years ago

Sounds 100% mechanical based on your description. It’s basically a flipper type mechanism, so I would take it apart and see where it’s binding and why it’s not returning to 0.

10 months later
#6 5 years ago

Not sure if you resolved this or not. I had the opposite issue. Simple fix. Loosen the Allen head screw. Press the plate against the magnet coil. Push the Allen screw toward the right side of the cabinet and tighten it down.

Fixed mine right up.

2 weeks later
#7 5 years ago

Mine seems to have developed this same issue. It will return if i manually push it back into place.. If I can get an allen wrench in there, will see if loosening will help at all. There does not seem to be much force needed to return the gate by hand, but seems to require alot of force if I press where the spring on the mechanism is attached, far more force than I imagine that spring could possibly produce..

But one question for anyone who can.. When running the diagnostic to test this, when you test does the gate swing open the first time you test it, and then return the second time you test that function.. Or should the diagnostic open and close the gate on one press..

#8 5 years ago

Was able to correct this issue by loosening the hex bolt under the playfield that holds the gate post in place. Then needed to raise the gate a small amount (was a tight fit, so needed to force it some).. As soon as there was a bit of a gap that could be seen with the plastic bushing (and slight vertical play with the gate), was all well..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/starwars-le-stern-outlane-gate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.