Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Medic
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3214F7C1-AAF4-41BD-A534-4EE46703A864.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesays.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I kind of think you have to like to fix things to truly enjoy pinball, otherwise you will continually worry about things breaking, and they will. Learn how your game works and seek help; pinside is a great resource. 99 times out of a 100, someone else has had the exact issue.

I am retired and pinball is my 2nd hobby after classic cars .Its good to keep your mind and hands busy .Its a great feeling of accomplishment to repair things sometimes more so when it takes multiple steps or days to solve a problem.IMO. Example the ship on potc Pain in the a$$ but fun to play when done.Hang in there.

#103 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

A couple of people mentioned peaks and valleys. I completely agree. You seem to have already put some wrench time in, but try not to be discouraged. As others have suggested, you may want to just hire a pin tech and put the issues behind you.
    Do NOT make any rash decisions like selling off games, because you will regret it.
    I notice that i get discouraged most when i have projects stacking up. It's not that i cant handle them, but i work full time and im a father of 3. My time is limited, and it simply makes me anxious. Staring at a non-working pin for long periods of time can be discouraging. Try to focus on playing and enjoying the working ones until a tech can make the trip to help you.

yes its almost like buying a guitar and storing it under your bed,you probably wont play as often as if you had it on a stand in front of you.repairs are part of the deal and I find it part of the fun unless its like your woz a nightmare.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesays.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/starting-to-lose-interest-in-pinball?tu=jamesays and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.