(Topic ID: 139862)

Starting pinball tattoo sleeve ... need help!

By plankalkul

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by wellarmed
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tfsmall.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Greetings!

So the sleeve has officially begun, and I'd love to hear from you guys on some great artworky things! The Time Fantasy LSD Snail was by far the most important image, so we started with that as the anchor. Now it's time to design everything around it.

Some of the images that are mandatory/likely to be there (because they have a place in my heart) are the RFM monster at the flippers, the Space Invaders guy is likely to be there, and I'd like to get a pin up, which I'm considering the woman on Centaur. There's not going to be a ton of room for really big pieces, so the flow is going to be the bigger things, but with LOTS of smaller things going into it inbetween so it doesn't look like just several individual tattoos, but a flowy sleeve.

For example, up by the RFM guy we are doing darkness and stars, with the little spacships. Around the TF Snail, some rainbows and mushrooms. Elsewhere, I think that Deadheads and Leapers will be good filler, and of course some Jackpot and maybe Shoot Agains. The world is my oyster. Also, I absolutely LOVE the little things on the playfield that you never notice or think of in addition to the major art pieces. So all of those little tiny tidbits I'm looking for (in addition to pinups and cool major artwork things).

Please post more specific (and clear-ish) photos, and not just a machine... I'm looking to get pretty detailed

And... GO!

Thanks!!

tfsmall.jpgtfsmall.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Fantastic snail!!

Take a look at this approach, pretty great looking too
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bio-mechanical-pinball-tattoos#post-2648384

#3 8 years ago

Snail...nice choice to start!

#4 8 years ago

The biomechanical stuff is awesome! But this is just gonna be a whole mess of ink

#5 8 years ago

More amazing Than the sleeve idea, is the fact that you've been a member for 11 years and only have 2 posts.

#6 8 years ago

I've never been good with words, which is why I'm in such a delicate conundrum.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from plankalkul:

For example, up by the RFM guy we are doing darkness and stars, with the little spacships.

I assume you mean AFM-style UFOs?

#8 8 years ago

The girls on the back glass of Wizard
Paragon

I'd suggest looking at the pictures on the sides of back boxes ,

#9 8 years ago

I like the flying cow on the upper left corner of the MM back glass a lot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/starting-pinball-tattoo-sleeve-need-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.