• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fixed (resized).jpg
road-show-pinball-at-joystix~2 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

I'm finally getting back money wise were i can try to start getting pinball games again. But what a shock it was to see the prices theses days. Ive been loosely keeping up on pinball market but did think it went this high. Anyway my hope is at some point get back into it and 2 games i want the most are AMH & Freddy since to me both lots of fun to me. Would not mind some new games too but need to work my way up. I don't mind fixing games that's how i got into pinball in 1st place.

Anyone have tips for getting back into pinball with not ton of $$ i can't even find project games anymore at a good price..

#2 2 years ago

There are no tips, everything is fucking bonkers.
Try to find your old pin connections and see if they got anything old school pricing

#3 2 years ago

A quick Facebook marketplace search shows lot of pins very close to you that I would certainly consider reasonable. In the northeast, you are in a pinball mecca.

You can try the project pins thread on pinside, as well as the Craigslist posts in your area. I would also suggest meeting other pinheads in your area, going to tournaments, and even contacting people on here. There are lots of ways to find pins, and you are in the best place in America to do it.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

I'm finally getting back money wise were i can try to start getting pinball games again. But what a shock it was to see the prices theses days. Ive been loosely keeping up on pinball market but did think it went this high. Anyway my hope is at some point get back into it and 2 games i want the most are AMH & Freddy since to me both lots of fun to me. Would not mind some new games too but need to work my way up. I don't mind fixing games that's how i got into pinball in 1st place.
Anyone have tips for getting back into pinball with not ton of $$ i can't even find project games anymore at a good price..

Most sellers are greedy right now and asking crazy prices. And hard to blame them with all these rich newbs eager to pay the most ever. My advice is to be patient and wait for nearby deals and/or deal with friends. If you've gotta have a particular title and you've gotta have it now be prepared to get bent over big time.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Most sellers are greedy right now and asking crazy prices. And hard to blame them with all these rich newbs eager to pay the most ever. My advice is to be patient and wait for nearby deals and/or deal with friends. If you've gotta have a particular title and you've gotta have it now be prepared to get bent over big time.

indeed i don't see it getting better anytime soon

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Anyone have tips for getting back into pinball

Tip? Slap a Supreme sticker on your Roadshow, sell it for $100,000 and buy whatever you want.

road-show-pinball-at-joystix~2 (resized).jpgroad-show-pinball-at-joystix~2 (resized).jpg
#10 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Tip? Slap a Supreme sticker on your Roadshow, sell it for $100,000 and buy whatever you want.

Haha if i could i def sell it in a heart beat. I sold it to my bro long ago. The sad thing he don't play it or work on it but wont sell it. Just collects dust.

#11 2 years ago

If I was entering the hobby now I would be in the same boat. If you can’t afford to enter at current prices I would watch Facebook like a hawk. Just not my area please Those types of listings are the only way I seem to get deals, especially now.

#12 2 years ago

Maybe I haven't seen one in a while...but is Freddy that expensive now a days (relatively speaking)?

#13 2 years ago

Not sure when you left but I don’t feel Freddy and AMH really went up a lot in price over the last few years compared to many other pins out there. So that’s good for you.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Tip? Slap a Supreme sticker on your Roadshow, sell it for $100,000 and buy whatever you want. [quoted image]

And the SLE.

fixed (resized).jpgfixed (resized).jpg
#15 2 years ago

I had bought a half dozen games for $800-$1400 years ago. Fixed them, sold them, bought a nib GoT. Had to sell it in Jan 2020 for reasons. My plan was to get an AFM in dec 2020. Unfortunately covid hit I lost my job, spent a year unemployed.

Now the prices of projects are wild, if you can even find one…and a NIB won’t be in the cards for probably another year.

For now I just enjoy pinside and live vicariously through you guys.

#16 2 years ago

The first step is always to create a pricing thread on pinside.

Step 2? Sit back and wait for the pins to roll in!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
$ 20.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,400 (OBO)
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/starting-over-in-this-crazy-market?hl=horse_cop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.