• Latest reply 4 years ago by RonSS
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0142.JPG
IMG_0141.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kenta12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I am a novice to Pinball repair but I have recently acquired a Gottlieb Royal Flush 1976 pinball machine that powers on and the lights come on but the score motor starts running as soon as the machine is powered on and does not stop. Pressing the Start button on the machine does nothing. I have started researching and have learned some valuable information and am starting to get a greater knowledge of what is going on and should be happening, but I have not been able to fix this problem yet.

Update: When powered on the Tilt Hold Relay (H), 1st Ball Relay (U) are set off.
Last Ball Relay (BX) goes on and off.

I figured why not try posting to a forum and see if I could get some results there while doing research.

Thanks,
Kent

Post edited by kenta12 : More Information

#4 11 years ago

Thanks for the responses. I am in the process of obtaining a schematic as I just received the machine yesterday. I have found www.pinrepair.com very useful.

It appears this machine does not have the reset relays. I have attached a couple of photos of the insides of the machine. The more research I am doing is leading me to believe that the AX/BX relays can be the problem. Am I going in the right direction?

Thanks.

IMG_0141.JPGIMG_0141.JPG IMG_0142.JPGIMG_0142.JPG

#6 11 years ago

I am now able to get the score motor to stop by following Enzo's suggestion but then when I press the Start button it goes back into where it was when it was first turned on. Before pressing the start button I can put coins in and receive credits. So the coin mechs seem to be alright. Whenever pressing start though the credits go down to 1 no matter how many there are before pressing. I thought this was strange. Is there something wrong with the AX relay or would this suggest that the problem is elsewhere. I am already making progress which makes me feel good, thanks for all of your help.

Kent

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kenta12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/starting-motor-will-not-stop-running?tu=kenta12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.