• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by frb
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hey there,
Picked up my first EM today and just having some trouble getting a game to start. No experience with EMs and haven't even played many but do have a basic understanding of electronics etc. Not sure where to begin but playfield lights up fine, vari-targets reset when a coin goes through the coin mech but other than this the game doesn't do much. This probably isn't much help in diagnosing but let me know any other details that might help and I'll find them out quick smart, keen for a game!

Thanks, Tom

#2 4 years ago

Key points. Does the reset relay trip on bottom board. Does score motor turn. Does player unit in head advance any. Does score motor run continuously. In the startup state a series of functions (well documented on web) happen. Then finally the bank resets on the bottom board that returns the reset relay to the off position. Under that short bank there is a switch that is opened and closed by the reset relay that you must flip bank over by loosening wing nuts. When I run into any machine that wont start, I adjust the startup relays first (also importantly the switch under bank)

#3 4 years ago

Thanks for the reply. A bit of that's over my head!

Quoted from frb:

Does the reset relay trip on bottom board.

Do you mean the AB relay? And what do you mean by 'trip'?

Quoted from frb:

Does score motor turn.

Yes.

Quoted from frb:

Does player unit in head advance any.

Not sure what you mean by this, but the machine is a one player if you're referring to multiple players.

Quoted from frb:

Does score motor run continuously.

No

Quoted from frb:

In the startup state a series of functions (well documented on web) happen. Then finally the bank resets on the bottom board that returns the reset relay to the off position. Under that short bank there is a switch that is opened and closed by the reset relay that you must flip bank over by loosening wing nuts.

Is this referring to the AB relay and it's switch? If so what exactly needs to be adjusted?

Thankyou very much, Tom

#4 4 years ago

There is a bank on bottom board with several relays and one arm to reset. One relay is the game over relay, one is tilt, one is reset and the other is reset completed. There is a switch on the underside of this bank that you cant see until you flip the relay up after loosening. When you press play credit the reset relay should pull in.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 3.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 3.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 27.95
$ 76.00
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside