Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 13 years ago

Williams Cyclone machine I've owned since 1989, and I finally decided to replace all rubbers, clean the playfield, and change out original lights for LEDs. I may also replace a few insert decals that are pretty worn (the double score near the flippers). Also considering replacing the glass.

So last night I got the digital camera and the power screwdriver and started to take the thing apart. Very exciting and anxious experience. Both cyclone and comet ramps are off, as is the plastics for the shuttle launcher and the spook house. I've taken about 75-100 pictures so far and am replacing screws as I go.

Has anyone else shopped out a cyclone before? Anything I should look out for?

Any other advice from your experiences on any machines is also appreciated.

Thanks.

#7 13 years ago

@thokennedy: Was keeping the order in my head, but just wrote it all down on paper. I think I need to get more detailed.

@nutshell79: Right now, I've put all screws back into the parts so I can keep track of them. Large parts are in order on a table. Bags and labels are a great idea.

@autumnfade: great idea about not using a power screwdriver for the buildup.

@gweempose: need to get magnetic nut drivers. Maybe tonight. These don't work with the plastic nut caps on the top of each plastic of System 11 game...

#13 13 years ago

Right now, I've got all ramps off and about half the plastics. Started putting in the LEDs last night. The machine is really starting to pop!

The LED kit I got from Cointaker was a little screwed up so I can't complete the backglass yet. Also, the kit didn't include all of the GI lights. I need to call them and resolve this. One thing I noticed is that they are pretty good at color matching; however, cointaker will often use different colors when the insert is white (for example, orange eyes for the clown when the insert is white...) In some instances, the game looks better. In some, I don't agree with the changes.

@brz: The machine is not a multiball (no Cyclone is). The label under the lockdown bar states "install one ball".

I bought this pin in 1989. At the time, it had been on route for about 6 months or so, and I've owned it since.

I don't have the confidence to take the entire thing apart yet, so I will take brz's advice and do it in sections. Plenty of pics to come!

1 week later
#18 13 years ago

Update - still waiting for LEDs to be swapped out by Cointaker. They had some recent issues with their emails but are on it now. I've switched out 80% of the lights for LEDs (still have some playfield GIs left. Also replaced about 60% of the rubbers. Put the machine back together last night as we have guests coming over this evening.

My wife and I played a few games last night. She took one look at the machine and said "this looks amazing!" Now remember, she's seen the pinball through every step of cleaning and has helped me with some items as well. But seeing it all come together blew her away.

I will get pics up shortly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/started-shopping-out-my-pinball-machine-last-night?tu=rockstar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.