IMAG0515.jpg
WP_000109.jpg
WP_000105.jpg
WP_000104.jpg
arrow.jpg
IMG_1201.JPG
IMG_1200.JPG
IMG_1199.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radrats.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from ButtonMash:

would like to hear more about this as well...

I was just about to start a thread about fun things people have done with Radical! machines. I ALSO got a radical from pinsider Bellbrand (she had 2.) Mine was more of a project but it's working now and should clean up nicely. I was thinking that I wanted to put a little skateboard tailsliding on the ramp where it says "tailslide," but I'm also trying to do some more interesting things like potentially this upkicker... has anyone put black light LEDs in their machine? Or have pics of one like this? I think it would look really good with a couple of black lights. I also got some skateboard wheels that match the machine nicely. I want to put one of them on the end of the plunger instead of a traditional ball. Any suggestions on what the best way to do this would be? Thanks in advance!

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

That would be a really cool mod, wish I could help more with advice on how to do it, but you should definitely figure that out and post pics when you do.

Yeah. I guess the ball on the pull ends of plungers are spot welded (so people don't walk off with them?) Is there anywhere I can buy a blank one with nothing on the end? I thought I could maybe just thread a nut on it to hold the wheel.

#19 11 years ago

So just to be extra clear, you added the part that I am pointing to here? And you say the ball enters it from the upper slingshot? Can you explain? I'm unfamiliar with this term. (Sorry for my noob status.) I'm unclear also how there can already be a hole here without the ball falling through. Just when I thought I understood, I got more confused.

arrow.jpgarrow.jpg

#20 11 years ago

Oh! There's a light there on the non-proto. I'm starting to get it... I replace that(?) I guess more instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks Epotech!

#22 11 years ago

interesting! So I was further off than I realized. If you can find some instructions or maybe post a pic of the mod on your machine, I would be really interested to see.

Thanks, epotech!

Any other Radical! mod'ers (or rockers) out there?

#24 11 years ago

Ok. ok, I think I understand now. Epotech wrote me a msg. explaining a little more. Can anyone provide pics of what it looks like once this mod is done?

#25 11 years ago

Buttonmash, where in LA are you? I'm near Echo Park/ MacArthur Park area.

#26 11 years ago

bump for a pic of this upper kicker mod.

#28 11 years ago

Thanks man! That Is awesome!!! I was confused but totally get it now!

1 week later
#30 11 years ago

Post pics of yours. I'm curious to see more of em. Mine is still a bit of a mess but it's coming along.

#32 11 years ago

Cool! I'm still working on mine. Gave it some wax and now I can hit that back ramp. Man that is a hard shot(!)

#34 11 years ago

Looks good man! That top right ramp is a hard shot, huh? The snake run too...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radrats.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/started-my-radical-project-today?tu=radrats and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.