(Topic ID: 298576)

Start with Pro and upgrade just the needed features for Premium?

By lmohatt

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg

#1 2 years ago

With Stern pinball machines, can you purchase a Pro (baseline) model and buy the individual add-ons as you can to make it a Premium?

#3 2 years ago

Ahh.. I see so many mods and 'upgrades', I didn't know if you could just buy specific features..
    Thanks

#4 2 years ago

Some pros are better than premiums. When in doubt play them both and decide which one you like more and if you NEED those features.

#5 2 years ago

Pros play faster in my opinion , Have Met , ACDC , and on these machines anyway , Pros are better , and you can mod the hell out of them , the clunky hammer on the Met Premium , and the lower playfield on ACDC Premium do absolutely nothing for me

#6 2 years ago

Not really no.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Pros play faster in my opinion , Have Met , ACDC , and on these machines anyway , Pros are better ...

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from lmohatt:

With Stern pinball machines, can you purchase a Pro (baseline) model and buy the individual add-ons as you can to make it a Premium?

You can mostly upgrade a Premium to be an LE, but definitely not Pro to Premium. And i've yet to play a Pro that I think is better than a Premium/LE.

2 weeks later
    #9 2 years ago

You may also like the art package better as well....maybe not worth an extra 2k but definitely something to consider

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/start-with-pro-and-upgrade-just-the-needed-features-for-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.