• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Milltown
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Just acquired a road kings machine ..
After a good cleaning waxing and once over its running great..
Last night when turned on it came up factory settings.. all my settings and custom messages were gone.. still played fine but back to 3 ball ect ect ...
I had put new batteries,in about 3 weeks ago .. now it's ok when turned on ? I have not put my settings back yet.. but last night if turned off for 30 seconds it would give the factory settings message .
You would have to open the coin door and hit the switches in side to start the game.. this morning it turned on and back to ok.. gonna try changing my settings again and c what happens..
I put 3 Duracell batteries in.
Brand new ...
Anyou ideas on a solve for this ? Or where to look ect..

#2 7 years ago

Check your voltage from the positive lead on your board from the battery pack. Follow the trace from the positive side of the pack. See if your getting 4.5 volts. Also check continuity from the negative side of the terminal to ground.

#3 7 years ago

Cool.. IL take a look.. thanx for the info ...

#4 7 years ago

My Road Kings was doing this and it ended up being a cold solder where the battery holder attached to the board. What Gnatty said to check is good and make sure you check voltage all the way to the battery holder. I had to wiggle my battery holder to get the volts to drop in and out. So mine was intermittent if that makes sense... I ended up putting a remote holder on, figured if I had to mess with it I should move it off the board, that's my 2 cents

-Jim

#5 7 years ago

Same here.. I pressed on mine and now it's fine.. gonna do the remote one as,well.. I know it had to be something with the batteries ..

#6 7 years ago

Thanx folks. This,website makes things roll much easier on repairs..

#7 7 years ago

I'm also searching for any info or diagrams on the remote battery instal ? Thanx folks ..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/start-up-problem-on-86-roadkings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.