You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).png
Groovy Control Bank (resized).jpg
2021-01-21_142910 (resized).jpg
2B vs 1C (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redrock.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

My Gottlieb Groovy (1970) previously did a normal startup. Then I rebuild all 16 reels -- among other things -- and now it only makes one cycle and stops, moving a few digits. 2B starts the lock-in of S but then stops; I thought that 2B has opening too soon. I have read all the posts for the start sequence but can only find that the S relay should lock-in. But jumpering 2B does keep the motor on (through 1C) but not the reset cycle.

The Hole (R) and Tilt Hold (H) relays lock. The Start S and SB relays, Replay Button (V) relay, and three X1, X2 and X3 Player Reset relays only flash on for a moment. When all the reels are at zero, the game plays. But when the Player Unit is not a zero, it doesn't move, nor does it move when the next ball is ready, suggesting it's a general problem not related to the reels. But all this worked previously.

Very frustrating. Any ideas where to look?

2B vs 1C (resized).jpg2B vs 1C (resized).jpg
#3 3 years ago

This this what you requested?

2021-01-21_142910 (resized).jpg2021-01-21_142910 (resized).jpg
#5 3 years ago

Good suggestion, because when the bank reset, it's over. Three switches in series: P5A closed; 4C closed near the end of the cycle (looks correct); and X1 N/C. I think X1 is the problem. It must be actuated by 1st player runout switches closed, stopping bank reset. Going to check further.

#6 3 years ago

Stopping 4C from closing does keep the motor running but still doesn't hold X1-3. I need to focus on why these relays don't hold. I realize I don't have a good understanding of the start sequence although I have read what available. If anybody has a detailed page please let me know.

#8 3 years ago

I not sure but think it is used only when the Player Unit is in use. Part of the start sequence is resetting the Player Unit which would occur at the end of the sequence, which never gets that far. The player unit is at home/zero. If off zero, the motor continues because it can't reset the PU. Tomorrow I'm going to check all 16 reels since I could have made an error. I appreciate your thoughts and help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redrock.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/start-sequence-ends-too-soon?tu=redrock and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.