IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
0Cinema-Work-3 (resized).jpg
0Cinema-Work-2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).JPG
0Cinema-pinside-Replay-Counter-Work1 (resized).jpg
credits (resized).jpg
0Cinema-Work-1 (resized).jpg
coin (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LongJohns.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 7 years ago

Ok, I guess I am late to the party. Glad someone was able to use the schematics I uploaded to IPDB.

LED's work in this game just fine (I have a few installed in mine - not all, mostly in the areas where damage usually occurs from the heat of the bulbs (pop bumpers, etc)).

Free play is simple - you just jump out the "no credits" switch on the credit unit. You can see which switch opens when the reel hits zero - just jumper it out (I just used a short lead with alligator clips, easy to remove if need be).

#24 7 years ago

I will post a picture(s) of my credit unit sometime tonight or on the weekend that shows the jumper and switches.

What I think Rolf is saying sounds about right (without look at the schematic).

#33 7 years ago

Sorry for not getting pictures - had some things comes up and completely forgot. My bad.

I will check my coin door tonight.

Quoted from ValleyGuy:

This is truly a fun game, I have one that we played until the score reels fell apart.. I have not been able to get score reel parts so its in storage until then, if you know where I could get parts I would love to get the game playing again.
Have fun

Pinball Resource should have the parts you need (parts manual is on IPDB). There are also a couple thread on hear where someone created files so that you can 3D print some of the plastic parts as well and made them available for download.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-chicago-coin-hollywood-score-reel-arm#post-2947759
http://www.thingiverse.com/tmuir12/designs

#34 7 years ago

Ok, checked mine.

Coin door:

Red with green chaser (broken line) goes to the coin lock out coils for the coin mechs - there are 2 wires on the right most coil when looking at the back of the coin door. 1 wires goes to the door plug (I may have added the plug, so yours may not have one). The other wire goes to the coin lock out coil on the left mech. The other wire is solid green on mine, but that looks like it was replaced someitme in the past (again I may have done that). I only took picture of the left coil.

Now there are also orange wires which could look like the red ones - those go the the coin up switch(es)

Credit unit:

top switch is closed and bottom one jumper out.

If you need some more pictures, just me let me know - I will try and be more punctual.

Edit to add: note my credit unit is current at no credits.

IMG_1206 (resized).JPGIMG_1206 (resized).JPG
IMG_1207 (resized).JPGIMG_1207 (resized).JPG
IMG_1208 (resized).JPGIMG_1208 (resized).JPG
IMG_1210 (resized).JPGIMG_1210 (resized).JPG

#38 7 years ago

Ok, I will check when I get home where it goes, but if I had to guess right now, it is to the slam switch on the door.

#39 7 years ago

Red and black wire goes no place on mine - was tucked inside the harness (sorry about the crappy picture).

IMG_1212 (resized).JPGIMG_1212 (resized).JPG

IMG_1215 (resized).JPGIMG_1215 (resized).JPG

#44 7 years ago

I would double check the gaps of the switches on the score motor, especially the double stack one (make and break switches). If the gap is too small it can cause "timing" issues of when the motor turns on/off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LongJohns.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/start-problem-1976-chicago-coin-hollywood-pinball?tu=LongJohns and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.