(Topic ID: 14712)

Starship Troopers

By BloodyCactus

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bloodycactus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

Got a ST pin on the way! My first pin.

What sort of things should I check before I turn it on to make sure its all good to go?
Living in the mountains, my power can fluctuate at times. Are pins sensitive to a voltage drop like a computer? I guess I should run a ups to be safe it if flicks.

I've heard you can do a stereo mod to the backbox but I cant seem to find concrete directions anywhere. Does anyone know how to do it?

#7 12 years ago

Thanks for all the great info. Chris, thanks for the article link. I'll have to check my electronic stash and see if I have all those components, or I'll just hit mouser up. Looks like a fairly straightforward job to uncripple the machine.

Odd that it would have been considered a cost saving, such a small number of parts and not that expensive really.

1 week later
#11 12 years ago

Sweeet! My ST showed up. kinda. idiot shippers ignored that I paid for liftgate service sent a truck without a liftgate and the driver asks me if I think I can get a 350lb pallet off the truck by myself. Sure, let me put it on my shoulder and jump down the 4 feet to the ground.

So my ST bounced around all day in an 18 wheeler and now bounced its way back down the interstate to bounce all around back to me some other day, but since I cant ask for another day off work I have no idea when it will come or how long they'll keep it if I cant pick it up.

So... I may not end up having an ST for long and not even being able to play it while I technically own it.... I have to LOL at the sheer confusion of the day and be upbeat.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bloodycactus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/starship-troopers?tu=bloodycactus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.