9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ExitWound
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ExitWound.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

The left magnet activates when you shoot the Orbits repeatedly to LOCK the first and second balls. That's the only time I can think of.

I have a weak plunger as well. The auto-kicker's alignment and the springs in the plunger have a lot to do with it. I replaced mine and now they're quite strong...but the alignment is causing the ball to plunge to the left slightly, slowing it down.

I replaced the whole thing for less than $10 dollars. It's really not that expensive to do. I took some tips from Gameroom Collectibles on youtube to learn a bit on how it all went together and the importance of the right parts. Take a look at the video here:

(Just shot a 216M on it. I've never cracked 300M.)

1 week later
#4 9 years ago

Glad to hear. I might try to tackle mine again this week. It's getting hard to launch the ball all the way around the orbit to attempt the right ramp Skill Shot (hold in the left flipper when launching and the left magnet doesn't activate).

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Brad76:

Doesn't the right magnet activate on ball launch? Mine does

Indeed. I meant right.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ExitWound.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/starship-troopers-shooter-rod-and-left-magnet-use-questions?tu=ExitWound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.