Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Wolfmarsh
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Just picked up a sst and I must say its very fast and pretty difficult and it will be even faster after I clean it up and adjust everything . It seems to have a layout that im not use to because ive had mostly pat L kind of games and this is a great change up. Looking at it the layout is much like the more popular games like mm, met and stuff like that? I personally love the movie and theme but im guessing thats what holds this game back from being more sought after? Im going to add the missing speaker and upgrade them along with leds and cliffys which will make it much better. I guess im wondering y this title isnt ranked higher especially for 2k because it seems to have good reviews? Or is it just now being discovered and becoming more popular?

#6 9 years ago

Unfortunately I stripped it last night so it won't be played for week or so but while what a pain in the butt and because it hasn't been done before I had to cut all the zip ties underneath to pull the wires threw the playfield going to be a pain to put back together but it will be a beauty when done .

#8 9 years ago

Yea its really fun and fast keep u on your toes way different than my current linevup other than bsd which is just as fast . Sst is pretty rare also and don't come up for sale much so alot of people probably haven't played it also which may be partly y its not more popular

#18 9 years ago

I played 30 or so games before the teardown and I didn't get mb that often and everything worked well on mine maybe I just suck or you have a opto or switch issue ?

#22 9 years ago

Yea its very underrated in my opinion and apparently many others. Cant wait to get my parts in and get to killing bugs

#35 9 years ago

The rules aren't super deep but I dont see me beating it anytime soon u really need sniper accuracy on this game . There are plenty of other things to do tho instead of killing bugs overall all a good game with flow and speed. Really well integrated theme which well ... I love the movie so that really helps in my case

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Hate to say it but this gameplay video kinda ruined the game's appeal to me.
» YouTube video

Yea something is wrong with that games scoop it shouldn't award recon from the back it must have a flaky switch. The scoop shot is tight so definitely made it much easier awarding it from the pops

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I just took advantage of adafruit's Black Friday sale to order another Pi and a 4" LCD to do a mod for my SST.
Gonna replace the live fire assault range sign with the LCD and some interactive graphics.

Cant wait to see that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/starship-troopers-really-surprising-me?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.