(Topic ID: 229801)

Starship troopers plunger problem

By Jduncan419

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I have a star ship troopers.. it is blowing a fuse when the auto plunger is hooked up. It doesn’t blow when I unhook it. It does it on either leg. The diode is present. Coil looks normal . Do I just need to buy a new coil, new diode, any way to test either of those? Any and all help or info would be greatly appreciated.

#2 5 years ago

Does it blow the fuse as soon as you turn it on? Instantly?

Or do you power up, that solenoid fires and locks on for three seconds, then pops the fuse?

What are the conditions preluding the fuse opening?

#3 5 years ago

It blows as soon as it’s turned on with it hooked up. Game doesn’t have time to start up. If I don’t have auto plunger hooked up, fuse doesn’t blow at all and game plays fine(minus not having auto plunge)

#4 5 years ago

I would replace the diode on the coil.
    Replace the fuse.
    Turn game on for ONE SECOND while watching the auto plunger. If the solenoid fires, replace the driver transistor(s).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/starship-troopers-plunger-problem- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.