Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chuckwurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Recently picked up a SST;s in a bulk lot and got to say, very fun game. Unfortunately i am having issues with the ball launching into play tho. I've managed to fix it to be ok when i launch using the plunger, but when multiball happens, or any time the aut launch coild mech is required, 7/10 times the ball launches with nt enough power to kick the ball into the upper part of the playfield and into play -so the ball ends up drainging immediately on the far right drain. Super annoying

I have pulled the mech apart and cleaned the coil sleeve up a lot (did not quite have that size availabe). cleaned the mech, the coil, & used novus on playfield in the trough launch portion.I noticed that the U shaped kicker that comes up through the playfield was a bit out of shape, and done my best to re-shape it.

Anyone have any ideass what the issue is? Is it most likely still the U shaped kicker or another part of the mech slightly out of position? The arm on the kicker also seems a little loos so it sits a bit off centre. anyone experienced this before and what was it they tweaked to get it right?

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

Anyone have any ideass what the issue is?

Does it hit the ball square, a good blow ? Or one sided a glancing blow ?

You might have to try and watch it kick, the coil firing might be different than at rest or pulling the mech with your finger.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Does it hit the ball square, a good blow ? Or one sided a glancing blow ?
You might have to try and watch it kick, the coil firing might be different than at rest or pulling the mech with your finger.
LTG : )

Cheers, i am thinking its something along those lines as after some readjustment ive gotten a bit more consistency, but once i get one go bad, i get a couple in a row.

If someone has a SST thats fires perfectly it
Would be a great help if the could post a couple of photos of the underneath & from behind of the launcher mech so i had something to compare it to

#4 4 years ago

This was a few years ago so I'm going off memory here. When I got my sst, one ball would not launch good, and then the other balls would hit it and they would all drain. The pivot point of the ball launch arm was really worn, and when I replaced that it fixed the problem.

#5 4 years ago

I would rebuild the entire ball launch mech. The SST I had this mech was really messed up. As you know it’s critical this mech works well on this game. Rebuild mech and make sure the bracket that attaches it to the playfield isn’t broken too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/starship-troopers-multi-ball-auto-launch-issues?hl=electronmagic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.