(Topic ID: 134776)

Starship Troopers power, no boot. Please help!

By Viper1

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Viper1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Game powers on but does not boot, appears to be stuck. But before this I had a tech over because it would stop the game and reboot every time you hit all three flipper buttons at the same time. But then today after he worked on it all the lights were on, the dot matrix (new) was not working at all, and now I'm stumped and so is he. New coils were put in it as well. It was still resetting when all three flippers were engaged before this newest freeze up....says he's going to go back to the drawing board. I'm thinking its a power issue at this point, but I'm not techie at all. Luckily this is being taken care of money-wise by an arcade in town who I traded 5 arcade machines with for this machine. Frustrated as hell. Anything you pros out there can think of that I can pass on? I appreciate you reading this. Thank you

#2 8 years ago

Unfortunately it sounds like you need a new tech. Replacing all the flipper coils to resolve a reset issue is not the way to go. And, it was working before he started, now it's not. Someone who knew what they are doing resolves issues, not creates them.

What are your voltages out of the power supply? DE/Sega/Stern have test points in the upper mid-right of the power supply and on the CPU.

Does the CPU boot? Post a video of the CPU LEDs on power up.

Does the sound board and/or DMD driver boot? CPU, sound board, and DMD driver all have their own processors and boot up on their own as long as something isn't keeping them from doing that. Sound board will make a boot up sound on power up, and the DMD driver will display the version info of the software on power up.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#3 8 years ago

Thank you sir. All 4 LEDs come on when powered up. I will post some pics too.

#4 8 years ago

It is being taken back and fully shopped, and for that I'm very thankful. They said it won't come back to my collection until it is perfect. Thanks again for the reply Rob!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/starship-troopers-issues-please-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.