(Topic ID: 356078)

Starship Troopers Auto Launch - Shut off option?

By PinHaemmer

68 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 65 days ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 68 days ago

EVERY - SINGLE - BALL - launches via auto launcher... Is there an option / adjustment / dipswitch setting to set this to manual plunger (except during multi ball?) - Auto launch during multi ball would be great, but it auto-launches every single ball - I can't find this topic in any forum, (found ones on weak powered auto launch) nor any mention in IPDB, nor can I find any adjustment to shut off the auto launch... Any help is appreciated... sorry if this seems stupid or naive

#2 68 days ago

It's not stupid at all, it has to be a setting.
It's a Sega which I think has the standard Stern menu system.
I would guess settings, adjustments, auto launch. Either in standard settings ane game adjustments?

#3 68 days ago

I glance through my game and didn't see an option. I know the Modern Stern games have a timed autolaunch ... not exactly sure how that is set-up.

I didn't go through all the tournament settings, maybe it's there?

so your saying game start > ball 1 supposed to be waiting in the trough it gets auto-launched? ... I know a ball save will auto launch and a multiball will

#4 68 days ago

Have you checked for any stuck switches? My guess is it thinks there’s a ball on the playfield already.

#5 68 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's not stupid at all, it has to be a setting.
It's a Sega which I think has the standard Stern menu system.
I would guess settings, adjustments, auto launch. Either in standard settings ane game adjustments?

- Thanks - Been on Pinside for a few years, but never did my own posts - New stuff - Yes, sadly tried all of that - There are SEGA settings and Game Specific settings and nothing there... Either place - sigh - I can set free play, number of balls, multiball difficulty (x3) coil strength, bright or dimness of flashers and many more, but nothing tied to this... Checking other replies - These fast responses are awesome!

#6 68 days ago
Quoted from chas10e:

I glance through my game and didn't see an option. I know the Modern Stern games have a timed autolaunch ... not exactly sure how that is set-up.
I didn't go through all the tournament settings, maybe it's there?
so your saying game start > ball 1 supposed to be waiting in the trough it gets auto-launched? ... I know a ball save will auto launch and a multiball will

Yes - Tournament settings disabled / Off - and YES Ball 1 drops in trough and within 2 or 3 seconds it fires ball - forget about getting a sip of your beer or reading any rules - Yes it also does this on ball save, and multi-ball auto launch (as it should) - Ball save gives maybe 2 or 3 seconds and you can beat it w/ plunger, but not with any finesse - AND if you wait 3 seconds, it IS auto launching - Ditto when moving to player 2 (or more) - sometimes you get a 1 second (or less) delay & sometimes up to 2 or maybe even 3 seconds, AFTER 1st ball has been AUTO launched. Very annoying on an otherwise cool game - I have original Godzilla (1998) and Lost in Space (also 98) and neither do this. Just got this machine - Thanks for ideas!

#7 68 days ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Have you checked for any stuck switches? My guess is it thinks there’s a ball on the playfield already.

I have not looked at this and will tomorrow for sure - Thanks for idea! Plz see my other replies, in case they bring any other ideas to light

#8 68 days ago

Check all the trough switches. When I would first get a Sega game, usually a trough switch, the furthest on the left (first one every ball hits on the way in) needed to be replaced. Wouldn't register and the game lost track of balls, would launch and re-launch balls, because one of the trough switches wasn't telling the game a ball was there.

#9 68 days ago

I tried just adding a 5'th ball to see what happens

It put 2 balls in the shooter lane -then- auto plunged them.

Quoted from play_pinball:

Yeah what does a switch test reveal ?

#10 67 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Check all the trough switches. When I would first get a Sega game, usually a trough switch, the furthest on the left (first one every ball hits on the way in) needed to be replaced. Wouldn't register and the game lost track of balls, would launch and re-launch balls, because one of the trough switches wasn't telling the game a ball was there.

THIS seems helpful and will check and report back - Auto kicker is crazy loose!

#11 66 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Thanks - hope to try this over the weekend

#12 66 days ago

Thanks for replies - Going to go through the auto kicker assembly and all the trough switches this weekend and see what I can come up with!

#13 65 days ago

My thought would be that the shooter lane switch is not staying closed when the ball is elected into the lane. If the switch bounces closed, then reopens (and then maybe recloses when the ball settles), the auto plunger will fire.

Put the game into trough test and see what the trough and shooter lane switches do.

#14 65 days ago

We're gonna get this bad boy fixed this weekend!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.