Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by MES
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Still learning the going rates for pins. Did a google search just to see what, if any,retailers were in my area.

Saw SST for 3200 on this site:

www.pinballshoppe.com

I know dealers have higher prices, operating costs and what not, but I thought the going rate for one of these was much lower.

#3 11 years ago

I know someone got one a couple months ago for $1200. $3200 is insane.

#4 11 years ago

Way too much, always in my opinion of course.

#5 11 years ago

Bought mine for 1k. Pimped it out (FULL shop job, LED's, rubbers e.t.c.).

Really enjoyed it and traded it then it got re-sold for 1600.

So yes, I would say 3200 is astronomically stupid

#6 11 years ago

$3200 is way too high for a Starship Troopers. It wasn't a very popular game on location so most are in great shape. You should be able to find a nice one for under $2000 easy.

#7 11 years ago

safest thing to do do is search "FS: Name of game" on pinside as well as RGP and look at the dates.. will give you a good idea..

#9 11 years ago

"Great game, lots of flow, wish I was closer, great seller, buy with confidence I wouldnt let mine go for less than $5,500 ifs a keeper free bump"

Not

#10 11 years ago

I'm going to have to ask you for $50 or five minutes of my life back for inflicting upon me that horrible Flash website.

But yes, that price seems insane. Maybe it's signed by Heinlein, "I'm so very, very sorry. Fuck this movie, your friend, Robert H."?

#11 11 years ago

$2000 should be the very highest you should pay for this pin.

#12 11 years ago

Perosnally I'd go with the Rocky & Bullwinkle he's selling for $4300.

#13 11 years ago

Offered mine up about 6 months ago. Asked $1300. No bites. Sold it for $1150. Good shape all around except for typical cab wear at flipper buttons.

#14 11 years ago

Maybe HUO? still high.
Fun game for he money.

#15 11 years ago

$1500 is the usual price of admission to kill a bunch of alien creatures (maybe less if you really look). $3200? No way!

Btw pinballx is right. Playfields and most parts on SST are still in great shape, mainly because not a lot of people liked this title (hugs Johnny Mnemonic for having the same fate...pristine playfield & ramps).

#16 11 years ago

There's a second hand / "antique" shop up in Vancouver. He has a number of machines for sale, mostly EMs. I called him once to offer a fair price on one of them because the Craig's List prices were ridiculous and he did not take kindly to it. I suppose things are different for brick and mortar retailers, but I always wonder to whom they are able to sell these things. I'm guessing maybe clueless well off parents or friends of pinball people? You know?

"Hey honey, I know you like these things and I saw this on in the window. The man said it was in great shape!"

"Neat Mom, thanks. Uhm. I've always wanted, uh, Waterworld."

"Oh good. I talked him down to only $4800!"

#17 11 years ago

I'm going to pick one up on monday in good overall condition minus some blue cabinet paint flaking (not flipper button wear) for less than half the 'retail' price ...

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from drbond:

$1500 is the usual price of admission to kill a bunch of alien creatures (maybe less if you really look). $3200? No way!
Btw pinballx is right. Playfields and most parts on SST are still in great shape, mainly because not a lot of people liked this title (hugs Johnny Mnemonic for having the same fate...pristine playfield & ramps).

Bullshit on this. Every SST i've played is so worn up on top by the magnets, the balls get stuck in the magnet divot a lot and have to be shaken free. Plus the neon oranges are faded a lot of the time. Standups are broken a lot, and plastics seem to be always broken.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Every SST i've played is so worn up on top by the magnets

Really? Hmm. I've seen a few and I don't see much wear due to the magnets. Maybe I've just been lucky.

I'll agree on the neon orange fade though.

#20 11 years ago

Yeah, that's typical for a retailer to overprice a game that much. Pinheads are not their typical market. They'll probably sit on the SST for 4 months until a guy with a big bonus check and a space next to his pool table walks in and makes an impulse purchase.

The thing that sucks is the same guy will decide to sell it six months later and then find out he can't get half what he paid for it.

#21 11 years ago

I've seen people be scammed far worse, like $3000 for a T2 that the cannon stopped working in 2 months...

#22 11 years ago

store fronts are for people who arn't pin heads, and want something close by, and offer warranty because they can't fix shit. Can be worth it to some people, but generally not this group. Like I said, i'll sell you mine for 2k. Fully working, and upgraded speakers so you dont' have to wear earplugs when playing it.

#23 11 years ago

$3200 for a Sega? Someone's been using the pipe lately.

#24 11 years ago

I've been to that store before. All of their pins were way over priced, and not in good condition. They say funny things if you call them on it too "I mean, these are collectibles!", "I'm having trouble just keeping these in stock".

That said, I only realized how bad they were months later. I got ripped off by them on my first newbie purchase. I'm a little bitter about it. Oh and I remember that SST being there back in March. Flying off the shelves my ass.

#25 11 years ago

The only local shop around here has a Black Hole for $4495, and a STTNG for $10k if anyone is interested. Also an old beat up EM with major paint problems for $1600.00.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

The only local shop around here has a Black Hole for $4495, and a STTNG for $10k if anyone is interested.

Great price...wish I was closer!

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Great price...wish I was closer!

LOL, this made me giggle. Got to love the shit people spew on some of this stuff.

#28 11 years ago

SST is a great game.......but not 3k great.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Prkchpsndwiches:

Still learning the going rates for pins. Did a google search just to see what, if any,retailers were in my area.
Saw SST for 3200 on this site:
http://www.pinballshoppe.com
I know dealers have higher prices, operating costs and what not, but I thought the going rate for one of these was much lower.

If thats for 2 of them it is quite a deal

#30 11 years ago

Love my SST. Good game at a great price. Wouldn't hesitate picking up another in good shape, but not for that price. I would also want it shopped out with leds. Some of those bulbs are a real pain in the ass to get to. I need to shop mine soon and the thought of taking all that stuff off makes me cringe. Check for wear on the brain bug metal bracket (window). If the stop is set too low it will cause the bracket to suffer stress fractures. I think it is about a 45 dollar part, other than that I have had very few problems with mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/starship-troopers-3200 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.