Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ExitWound
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I plan to buy a starship troopers this weekend as long as it plays and is in decent shape (they said it is). I was originally interested because i like the game and it was $1200. Turns out they actually want $1400.

Does that seem like a fair market price for this machine? If not, what would you pay?

Thanks

#2 10 years ago

I paid 1800 for a minty one and sold it easily at the same price.

1400 is a good deal if its in good condition.

#3 10 years ago

Make sure the DMD works and no battery leak @ the CPU board . Nice = $1800. - $2200. and going up !

#4 10 years ago

Thanks, that is pretty much what my research showed as well. I appreciate the tips! I will post pics when I get it. I do have to drive a few hours to get it (adding to my out of pocket price), but sounds like it will be worth it.

#5 10 years ago

I bought mine for 1800. Brand new DMD, some LEDs and upgraded second speaker. I just bought a shooter rod mod for it and added some more LEDs. I love the theme. Love the game. Unfortunately I might need the money and might be selling it around June.

#6 10 years ago

If it was originally offered at $1,200. I would expect to pay $1,200. for it. If there was some type of reasonable explanation for the miscommunication I would offer to split the difference and pay $1,300.

#7 10 years ago

Solid game for under $2k. Clean/tweak it and it is tons of fun.

#8 10 years ago

i paid 2000 for mine. would i have liked to pay less? yes, but im very happy i bought it even at 2000. and no it wasnt perfect i had to put alot of elbow grease, fix warrior bug, upper gi was out, had to add leds. 5 mile drive to pick up was priceless however as ive been on some long roadtrips.

#9 10 years ago

I got the game for $1400 and I love it. Thanks for the input!

#10 10 years ago

Nice congrats! Love that baby flipper

#11 10 years ago

Fun game. You'll enjoy it. I hope to pick one up some day.

#12 10 years ago

Very nice... This game rocks...

#13 10 years ago

Good job... the one near me is $2,500 and holding. I gave up on it.

#14 10 years ago

Awesome game. Real shiny with LEDs.

#15 10 years ago

Parts are very expensive. Be warned that if you need a stepper motor for the Warrior Bug or ramps, you're pretty much out of luck.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from ExitWound:

Parts are very expensive. Be warned that if you need a stepper motor for the Warrior Bug or ramps, you're pretty much out of luck.

I could be wrong, but isn't the logic that drives stepper motors pretty standard? Couldn't an alternative be put together?

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I could be wrong, but isn't the logic that drives stepper motors pretty standard? Couldn't an alternative be put together?

You are probably right. I'm not an engineer, though. I do know that SST uses a really really small one compared to other models of the era. Most of the housings on other Sega motors won't fit behind the bug warrior. Replacements seem to have to be the correct model or the board complains, even if it works.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from ExitWound:

Yup, I got the last one that Marco had several months ago. Wasn't cheap either but it works perfect now!!!!

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from ExitWound:

You are probably right. I'm not an engineer, though. I do know that SST uses a really really small one compared to other models of the era. Most of the housings on other Sega motors won't fit behind the bug warrior. Replacements seem to have to be the correct model or the board complains, even if it works.

Right again. The first stepper motor we tried was off by a couple numbers at end of part number. They said it would work. It looked exactly like the one that came out of pin but it didn't work. It also was way cheaper than the one with the correct part number ( last 2 digits ) When we returned the cheaper one and paid crazy amount for the correct part number it of course worked perfectly!!!!

#20 10 years ago

I don't have any broken plastics, but a lot of GI lights out, which I intend to replace with LEDs eventually, along with the rest of the field. I think I'm lucky, having snagged mine for $1250 a few years ago. Since then, only a few lamps have gone out and a lane divider cracked. Some bad solder on the power board which is aggravating because replacements are $300+. I hadn't done the research on replacement parts when I bought it, figuring parts would be readily available online. Boy was I wrong. Stepper motors and bug warrior assemblies are $150 each if you can find them. Ramps are nowhere to be found. Funny though, it seems the brain bug is quite plentiful even though he takes a beating.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/starship-troopers-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.