• Latest reply 4 years ago by frunch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Stars Stern Electronics, 1978

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7285B0D2-9924-4776-A38D-6A58BB0E0053 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

You should look at the switch matrix diagram and see what other switches are in the row and column shared with that drop target switch. A broken wire somewhere else in the chain of switches going to or from the backbox could cause that switch to malfunction.

If all look good, then press the drop target switch closed and measure continuity between the two metal lugs on the switch with your multimeter. If that shows a good connection, then it could be that the connector going to the board needs to be re-pinned.

Just some thoughts. Take a closer look and report back.

#5 4 years ago

I would desolder and remove the wire, clean the lug, and cut and strip the wire so you can solder a fresh piece on. See if that helps.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Slips:

Is this something you’d recommend a beginner to do? I’m down to learn but I want to make sure it’s the right move first. This drop target is working fine by the way, it’s only the first drop target that’s having trouble.

Well, if you own a pinball machine, you are going to have to solder something at some point. 6 years ago, I didn’t know how to do anything, and was paranoid about messing stuff up, so I get it. That said, you need to learn as I needed to, and soldering a wire on a lug is one of the easiest things to solder. Too bad you’re in a different state and there is a global pandemic, otherwise I would come over and show you how. I’m sure there are lots of pinsiders in the Chicago area that would be glad to help if there wasn’t a pandemic.

I would suggest watching a few YouTube videos on basic soldering. Perhaps practice with some spare wire outside of the machine. Then give it a try. I would also be willing to FaceTime with you and walk you through it, but that might be difficult to get the camera in the right position while you’re holding wires and a soldering iron.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Louis, MO
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stars-single-drop-not-scoring?tu=Nokoro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.