9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Stars Stern Electronics, 1978
#1 9 years ago

SOLD!

Bummed to do this, as I just picked this up with aspirations of bringing it back to it's former glory, but it's a little more than I want to take on at the moment.

The good:
Complete pin
Backglass OK (some flaking)
Playfield pretty nice (a few smaller wear spots)
Cheap

The Bad
Some corrosion on the MPU board and on a couple transistors on the lamp board - may be salvageable?
It appears to have been next to a heater for some portion of it's life, as one side is rather cooked - the other sides of the cabinet are still in pretty good shape
Dirty, hasn't been played or turned in a few years at least

The head and legs are off, it's ready for someone to breathe new life into it (or use parts as needed). I'll get some photos this evening if there is interest.

Price is $100 and a 12pack of beer

#2 9 years ago

Sounds to me like 300 bucks in it and someone's got a playable pin. Man, I wish this was closer. /legit.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Sounds to me like 300 bucks in it and someone's got a playable pin. Man, I wish this was closer. /legit.

When you put it like that.... why am I selling this?!

#4 9 years ago

What a great deal. Insist that the 12 pack be an expensive 12 pack.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballrus:

When you put it like that.... why am I selling this?!

I don't know. I'm just saying. Stern/bally boards of this era are really cheap, and Barakandl (sorry if I misspelled that) does a fantastic job repairing the ones he sells.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I don't know. I'm just saying. Stern/bally boards of this era are really cheap, and Barakandl (sorry if I misspelled that) does a fantastic job repairing the ones he sells.

Well, if it doesn't sell I quickly, I will likely go that route - Stars is a really fun pin.

#7 9 years ago

I'd love to have a Stars again! Such an enjoyable pin. If I were in the area, I'd be driving back with your machine!

#9 9 years ago

I heard you went and checked all those pins out, also heard the pins were totally roached.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

I heard you went and checked all those pins out, also heard the pins were totally roached.

Yeah, some worse than others. I really like Stars, but after getting it home, I realized it was a bit more of a project than I wanted. Putting it back out there for what I paid - it's a good deal for someone who wants to give it some love!

#11 9 years ago

Anything else decent for a good price? I was under the impression they wanted to sell everything at once.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 69.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Louis, MO
$ 169.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stars-project-pin-fs-bay-area-100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.