IMG_9658 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9657 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9654 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9656 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9655 (resized).jpeg
20230501_191504 (resized).jpg
20230916_102130 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redketchup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 6 years ago

Hi Guy

I’m probably the first one to complete my build couple years ago... for those who didn’t know, i will post the link for the built. I can answer a lot of question if you have one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-stargazer-crazy-project/page/6#post-3962784

It’s not an easy task, but it’s feasable... took me 3 years to complete mine, but there was less part available at this time.

Enjoy!

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

So I'm assuming that a stern wide body and a standard body still use the same size cabinet head. Can anyone confirm this?

yes

1 month later
#79 6 years ago

Stargazer roms reflexion...

I was playing mine with the home roms today... the home roms is made to make it little harder... you can’t spot a zodiac target with the star rollover switch and the bonus multiplier reset between every ball...

But, today i realize that is very difficult to complete the zodiac target and very sastifying when we do it. Stargazer is made with 4 zodiac target value (1000, 2000, 3000, 4000) and target value increase after completion of all the zodiac target.

With regular roms, the zodiac target is a lot more easy to acheive, because everytime the ball came on the flipper, you have a chance to spot one with the rollover switch.

maybe it’s was made like that at the beginning get more point and big score after each completion... and we miss that with the home roms...

Don’t know if i’m clear and if it make sens... but i want your opinion...

1 week later
#88 6 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

Stargazer roms reflexion...
I was playing mine with the home roms today... the home roms is made to make it little harder... you can’t spot a zodiac target with the star rollover switch and the bonus multiplier reset between every ball...
But, today i realize that is very difficult to complete the zodiac target and very sastifying when we do it. Stargazer is made with 4 zodiac target value (1000, 2000, 3000, 4000) and target value increase after completion of all the zodiac target.
With regular roms, the zodiac target is a lot more easy to acheive, because everytime the ball came on the flipper, you have a chance to spot one with the rollover switch.
maybe it’s was made like that at the beginning get more point and big score after each completion... and we miss that with the home roms...
Don’t know if i’m clear and if it make sens... but i want your opinion...

I just try the home roms with multiplier reset after each ball, but ability to spot zodiac with the rollover... i ear sound i never ear before and i thinks it’s pretty fun that way... i play like before, so i didn’t pay much attention to the rollover and when i got a target it’s a bonus... still not an easy task to complete all of it, but easier then before....

3 weeks later
#99 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I cannot find any pictures of under the playfield. Can someone either direct me to pics online or post some? I'm rounding the rest of the parts and would love to visually see under the hood if possible. Thanks

DSC00210 (resized).jpgDSC00210 (resized).jpg

DSC00208 (resized).jpgDSC00208 (resized).jpg

DSC00209 (resized).jpgDSC00209 (resized).jpg

DSC00211 (resized).jpgDSC00211 (resized).jpg

#101 5 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

redketchup are there lights behind the drop targets with the "X" on it?

Yes... two GI light

3 weeks later
#120 5 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

You can spot Zodiac's using the factory setting on the 2 lower banks. So you shut off the roll over and then spot on the lower banks. Best rules.

Cool! Didn’t know that... sound like the best rules!

2 years later
#308 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Somewhere in RedKetchup's Star Gazer build thread from 7 years ago, he included a file that you can print the lines/ridges onto some clear decal media and get the lines on your pop caps.
It has been quite a while since I have read thru this thread that inspired me to take up the challenge to build my own Star Gazer.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-stargazer-crazy-project/page/2

I can beleive it's already 7 years i completed this project... there is a lot more part available right now compare when i made it! Star gazer is still one of my favorite!

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

i was reading that, but couldn't find the file itself for the pop cap?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-stargazer-crazy-project#post-1061503

here you go...

Star.Gazer_Pop.bumper_8decals_OTTOgd_Jun20-13.pdfStar.Gazer_Pop.bumper_8decals_OTTOgd_Jun20-13.pdf
#318 3 years ago
Quoted from Axaios:

Hello. This is really good. I think I will also use it on my star gazer.
One short question. Is this in scale?

as far as I remenber... yes!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 10.00
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tempe, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redketchup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargazer-club?tu=redketchup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.