IMG_9658 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9657 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9654 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9656 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9655 (resized).jpeg
20230501_191504 (resized).jpg
20230916_102130 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from Axaios:

Guys can any one explain this?
The shape of some of the Star Gazer letters are different, the gradient color fill/blend of those letters is different, the words "Bonus Multiplier" and "Plus" are absent, the shape of the right starburst, the woman's clothing colors/design, her face/hair are all different.
[quoted image]

The one on the left is Star Gazer's ugly twin sister.

8 months later
#245 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yours and a dark blue one that matches the dark blue of the play field. A pinsider in Dallas had his SG at TPF 3-4 years ago with the dark blue apron. But I have no idea what other colors, if any, and no idea of numbers.
[quoted image]

Does the apron color (dark vs light) correlate with the target and spinner color-scheme as well (light apron, yellow targets, white spinners vs dark apron, white targets, yellow spinners)?

My game has the light apron, yellow targets and yellow spinners, so I guess not. I prefer the white target look so will use them when I do my new PF install, with yellow spinners.

#263 3 years ago
Quoted from Axaios:

Yes. Playfield will be over 1000 including custom cost.

Two options I see here:

1) Install a PF protector (cost: $150 or less) and enjoy the game. Protector will remove any ball travel issues due to sunk inserts, etc. and provide a nice shine to the PF like a clear-coat would do.

2) Purchase a repro PF for $1K and do the full PF restore. You will no doubt recover your material costs in resale value should you ever want to sell the game, but a fair amount of work to do.

Since you are already restoring the game anyway, Option 2 probably makes sense. Short term you can go with the PF protector since it won't be easy or fast to get the repro PF anyway.

My 0.02...

#282 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Two options I see here:
1) Install a PF protector (cost: $150 or less) and enjoy the game. Protector will remove any ball travel issues due to sunk inserts, etc. and provide a nice shine to the PF like a clear-coat would do.
2) Purchase a repro PF for $1K and do the full PF restore. You will no doubt recover your material costs in resale value should you ever want to sell the game, but a fair amount of work to do.
Since you are already restoring the game anyway, Option 2 probably makes sense. Short term you can go with the PF protector since it won't be easy or fast to get the repro PF anyway.
My 0.02...

Quoted from jj44114:

That playfield needs way more than just touch up by an artist. Inserts are probably loose and sunken and the wood is not level. Divots and gouges need to be repaired and leveled. Artists in my experience are not familiar with repairing these things.

Which brings us back to my two options...

7 months later
#354 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Got it working. This ball was rolled up on the upper side switch. Is this some sort of slam tilt? I rolled it down and all coils are firing and game works.[quoted image]

Yep. My cat loves to bat that ball around on its track when I have my game opened up.

10 months later
#414 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

If anyone has a single original with the stamping around, I have two good and one broken one. Would love to get the whole set.

Me too! Someone part out their game and sell us your bumper caps! C'mon - do it!!

4 months later
#436 1 year ago
Quoted from FantasticPinball:

The colour of your playfield will be different depending on the day it was made. I have digitally measured the colour of many playfields and found variations. If you are repairing yours, then mix the paints to get a reasonable match.
Fantastic!

I was going to say "Blue"...

1 month later
#486 1 year ago
Quoted from FantasticPinball:

Quick note for those waiting for SG playfields. Sorry to report we had a problem with the printer that resulted in failed print on the last batch. I am going to have to sand them down and start over. I have some fear that sanding will take too much of the surface off, so I may have to scrap this batch and make a fresh batch of whitewoods. This is going to take a bit longer than I would have liked, and now I am out of pocket for the damaged items. Sorry folks, but that is the way it goes with small scale productions.
Fantastic!

Sorry to hear that! Happy to pay a little more to make sure you're covered if need be.

1 month later
#537 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I have declared victory. Star Gazer is done. The new rectifier board is installed and I now have feature lights. She plays great. I had a lot of fun making this one. I am somewhere between 160 and 200 hours of labor. The cabinet paint is oil based Sherwin Williams while the legs, doors and apron were custom powder coated.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Really nice work! Looks amazing.

2 months later
#556 1 year ago

I don't love it but I also don't hate it. I installed the CPR topper on my Star Gazer with some lightning effects. I made it a custom base so it just sits up there. I didn't want to screw it into my cabinet. I wish the color was bolder. It looks a little washed out with the light behind it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Seems redundant to the backglass art IMHO.

3 months later
#582 1 year ago

Who has a Coos mirrored backglass for Star Gazer? Do you like it? Is it worth the cash?

Wait, what?! What does that look like and where can I get one?

#591 1 year ago

It seems more color correct but the the one I got from John compliments the paint colors I used when I built my game. Which one looks better to Pinside? By the way, the new backglass isn't for my personal game.
[quoted image]

I love mirrored backglasses, but in this case the coloring on the original just pops. Hard to tell without seeing the mirrored in person.

2 weeks later
#595 1 year ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

A lot can change in 7 days...

3 months later
#645 8 months ago
Quoted from slochar:

Even though there are numbers there there's no controlled lamps behind it. Player up is shown by flashing the player's display itself. Lamp map is full so adding lamps to the software and modding it would require some kind of special setup.

Wow, I never realized those were even there before.

2 months later
#669 6 months ago
Quoted from DK:

I just listed my Star Gazer:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/166433
I hope it goes to a good home!

Shiny! I love the yellow rubbers, I don't think I've ever seen one like that. Might have to steal that idea for mine...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 69.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tempe, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargazer-club?tu=fytr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.