IMG_9658 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9657 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9654 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9656 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9655 (resized).jpeg
20230501_191504 (resized).jpg
20230916_102130 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Classic_Stern.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I definitely like the home ROMs over factory. In this game, you need to be able to reset the bonus multiplier and force the player to shoot the entire table.
I do miss spotting zodiacs though. Sometimes it's damn near impossible to hit the last one or two. I've played many games where I've never reached the first super bonus level.
There still needs to be a way to spot them, maybe with the right and left target banks, but make it similar to Paragon. The clockwise rotating bonus lights would work like the scanning PARAGON saucer. Each bonus lamp would be assigned to a specific zodiac symbol. At the start of the game no bonus lamps are lit. When you hit a zodiac target, one lamp lights and rotates clockwise, additional zodiacs light more lamps which form a chain behind the first one. Drop a target bank and the zodiac that corresponds to the current position of the first lamp in the chain is spotted. Like Paragon, you may have already lit the zodiac so your chances of spotting a zodiac are less as more are lit.
What I miss most about the factory ROMs is the very cool sound of the long bonus count when you have both super bonus levels.

You can spot Zodiac's using the factory setting on the 2 lower banks. So you shut off the roll over and then spot on the lower banks. Best rules.

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I definitely like the home ROMs over factory. In this game, you need to be able to reset the bonus multiplier and force the player to shoot the entire table.
I do miss spotting zodiacs though. Sometimes it's damn near impossible to hit the last one or two. I've played many games where I've never reached the first super bonus level.
There still needs to be a way to spot them, maybe with the right and left target banks, but make it similar to Paragon. The clockwise rotating bonus lights would work like the scanning PARAGON saucer. Each bonus lamp would be assigned to a specific zodiac symbol. At the start of the game no bonus lamps are lit. When you hit a zodiac target, one lamp lights and rotates clockwise, additional zodiacs light more lamps which form a chain behind the first one. Drop a target bank and the zodiac that corresponds to the current position of the first lamp in the chain is spotted. Like Paragon, you may have already lit the zodiac so your chances of spotting a zodiac are less as more are lit.
What I miss most about the factory ROMs is the very cool sound of the long bonus count when you have both super bonus levels.

You can spot Zodiac's using the factory setting on the 2 lower banks. So you shut off the roll over and then spot on the lower banks. Best rules.

Quoted from Redketchup:

I just try the home roms with multiplier reset after each ball, but ability to spot zodiac with the rollover... i ear sound i never ear before and i thinks it’s pretty fun that way... i play like before, so i didn’t pay much attention to the rollover and when i got a target it’s a bonus... still not an easy task to complete all of it, but easier then before....

We built the ROM's such that you can make it so you use the entire playfield meaning the upper left side 4 zodiacs. The other way is factory settings allow you to spot a zodiac on the lower banks. So the way mine is set up is spotting zodiac on the lower banks (Factory rules), not spotting on zodiac at flipper (new software) and bonus multiplier reset every ball. You can reset back to 3X I think also with the rules we built. Either way the rules are much, much better and actually make the game reasonable without making it impossible.

1 month later
#132 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Actually, the purists will get after you for not using the plastic ring and rod.
I like the look of the blue bases too.

Looks amazing. Thats not just a purist issue. Plastic rings / rod is classic stern all the way. I would not go without. Also the stationary targets having a middle rivot is wrong too. Again not a purist thing. Just wrong. Must be fixed and quickly.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tempe, AZ
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 69.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 3.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Classic_Stern.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargazer-club?tu=Classic_Stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.