IMG_9658 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9657 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9654 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9656 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9655 (resized).jpeg
20230501_191504 (resized).jpg
20230916_102130 (resized).jpg
There are 691 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.
#351 3 years ago

I’m looking for an original back glass. Doesn’t need to be perfect, just presentable. Hoping someone has replaced theirs with a new one and willing to sell the original. Thanks

#352 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

My SG is shipping from California to the east coast tomorrow. Cannot wait to pull that plunger for the first time. I’ve been searching for this title forever. Truly spectacular example of this table.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like this. Is this the one Pacman said he did not sell on Pinside?

e237f0a0c00a68c00ab9cf26cbc4e2aa9360a337.jpeg (resized).jpge237f0a0c00a68c00ab9cf26cbc4e2aa9360a337.jpeg (resized).jpg

=======================================

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/109669

LISTING RESULT
The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

===========================================

Quoted from Flash71:

Finally!!! From So Cal to NY!! I can rest easy now. She’s home.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

e5a425bbb35523b2c30911e399de22045ce7e416.jpeg (resized).jpge5a425bbb35523b2c30911e399de22045ce7e416.jpeg (resized).jpg

Quoted from Methos:

Wow! Is that an original?

Quoted from Flash71:

Yes! PACMAN did an amazing job on it. I honestly can’t believe it’s in my house. Lol!!

Looks like Pacman sold the pin, told Pinside he didn't sell it and kept Pinside from getting its commission, and then he flew the coop.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/pacman/forum#sk/1/279984

1 week later
#353 2 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

at least you know your rectifier board and under PF solenoid fuse are working, best check voltage presence on the other solenoid and if there is, continuity to the solenoid's SDB which is likely to be cable/connector issue or transistor blown on the board.
amazing find for sure it looks great, it is interesting that you have 2 yellow and 1 white spinner

Got it working. This ball was rolled up on the upper side switch. Is this some sort of slam tilt? I rolled it down and all coils are firing and game works.

20210427_183214 (resized).jpg20210427_183214 (resized).jpg
#354 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Got it working. This ball was rolled up on the upper side switch. Is this some sort of slam tilt? I rolled it down and all coils are firing and game works.[quoted image]

Yep. My cat loves to bat that ball around on its track when I have my game opened up.

#355 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Got it working. This ball was rolled up on the upper side switch. Is this some sort of slam tilt? I rolled it down and all coils are firing and game works.[quoted image]

It’s so you can’t jack the pin up on your feet and cheat. Slam tilt.

#356 2 years ago

Has anyone ever installed one of these playfield protectors on their machine? How long does it take, I'm assuming the entire topside had to be stripped.

https://www.beehivepinball.com/product/pinball-playshield-protector

#357 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Has anyone ever installed one of these playfield protectors on their machine? How long does it take, I'm assuming the entire topside had to be stripped.
https://www.beehivepinball.com/product/pinball-playshield-protector

I have one inbound for big game. I also had one already installed in meteor. I'm guessing about 2.5 hours to take off what is needed, clean it up, install the protector and deal with anything that pops up. I. An tell you that it will be worth it if you have cupped inserts. It gets a bit "milky" looking compared to a nice clearcoat but it's pretty cheap andIt plays fast! Do it.

#358 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I'm assuming the entire topside had to be stripped.

Not the entire topside.

I think with Stargazer, you need to pull only the pop caps, sling plastics, and the 3 spinners. It should just lay down. What you absolutely need to look at is to make sure that no part of the protector is touching anything on the play field. Look at every post and make sure there is no contact. If there is any interference with any play field part the protector will "bubble" up from the play field. SG has many posts so look carefully.

#359 2 years ago

I'm sure I missed it. But did a search and didn't find it. What is the blue color of the cabinet?
Nevermind I found it.

#360 2 years ago

Rustoleum Metallic Cobalt Blue?

3 weeks later
#361 2 years ago

I'm currently in the process of creating a stargazer cabinet. Just looking for everyone's opinion on the color blue and who makes it as best for the color. I asked seal clubber and I have his answer I'm just seeing what everybody else's opinion is

3 weeks later
#365 2 years ago

A friend asked me if I could make him a Star Gazer lamp board for the Star Gazer he is building. I had the material I could use so I said I would build him a lamp board.

I had an extra piece of material and it is just as easy to make two as it is to make one. I made an extra unit.

Here is my pinside ad.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/116520

$100.00 plus shipping.

IMG_6772 (resized).JPGIMG_6772 (resized).JPGIMG_6774 (resized).JPGIMG_6774 (resized).JPG
#366 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

A friend asked me if I could make him a Star Gazer lamp board for the Star Gazer he is building. I had the material I could use so I said I would build him a lamp board.
I had an extra piece of material and it is just as easy to make two as it is to make one. I made an extra unit.
Here is my pinside ad.
$100.00 plus shipping. [quoted image][quoted image]

just bought one like a month ago, dang!

#367 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Here is my pinside ad.

I’m in Australia and need to make one of these. Did you get the measurements from somewhere or just copy one?

#368 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I’m in Australia and need to make one of these. Did you get the measurements from somewhere or just copy one?

I got template from someone, I'm trying to remember who.

#369 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Here is my pinside ad.

These 2 lamp boards are sold. I had requests for a couple more. And I still wound up with an extra if anyone is still in need.

9e6a33ea1962c9737370e5862c75e414d644027b (resized).jpg9e6a33ea1962c9737370e5862c75e414d644027b (resized).jpg
4 months later
#370 2 years ago

Anybody know what size..kind of speaker I would need to upgrade in my SG? I want a like for like fit. Thanks in advance.

#371 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Anybody know what size..kind of speaker I would need to upgrade in my SG? I want a like for like fit. Thanks in advance.

that's what i use on my Stern
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DK43LWW/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_23K2BN90J84TFFBG9C4J

#372 2 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

that's what i use on my Stern
amazon.com link »

Thanks man

#373 2 years ago

Hey all. Guess why I am posting here. Yeah... it's coming. Does anyone out there have an NOS or very good Stargazer playfield that I could have a peek at? Everything local is in a machine.

Fantastic!

#374 2 years ago
Quoted from FantasticPinball:

Hey all. Guess why I am posting here. Yeah... it's coming. Does anyone out there have an NOS or very good Stargazer playfield that I could have a peek at? Everything local is in a machine.
Fantastic!

Yes can’t wait that’s great news

Can’t have a peek at mine ,I’m in Australia unless our boarders will give you an exemption
The Playfield I have is known as the Hairy Knee version , a misprint in the factory I believe

#375 2 years ago

OK Stern Stargazer owners. I am getting closer, but I need playfield photos. This playfield has details that I need to get captured correctly. Photos must be taken directly down at the area, no angled shots. I am looking for good resolution and focused on each required area. I am looking for photos of EACH of the letters in the STAR GAZER letters so I can get the gradient mesh (aka halftone) correct. I would also like to see close up of the girl at the bottom, and each of the astrological signs.
This has to be from original playfields only. Not reproductions.

I would like to see the hairy knee and the the non-harry knee and I would like to see more than one playfield sourced for photos. The more the better. There are things about how this playfield was made that are rather unique and will require some creative printing techniques to replicate. One chance to get it right and I need your help.

Please share photos via Google Drive or Microsoft One Drive. My msn.com account has an email address at fantasticpinball, which is connected to both google drive and one drive.

SG Capture (resized).JPGSG Capture (resized).JPGSG half tone Capture (resized).JPGSG half tone Capture (resized).JPG
#376 2 years ago

In my photo above I am also looking at the edge between yellow and light blue. Yellow was printed on top of light blue on this playfield and the trap has to be set correctly because the yellow is slightly transparent. This gets even worse with the second layer of white, which is also transparent. Maybe I shouldn't care, but I would really like to get it as close to the original as reasonably possible. Photos... more photos...

Fantastic!

#377 2 years ago

another attempt at getting the half tone correct. The original screen printing smudged the ink a bit. Maybe the top red dots need to get a bit bitter on the top half. Welcome some input on this.

SG half tone Capture2 (resized).JPGSG half tone Capture2 (resized).JPG
#378 2 years ago

A little closer. I changed the dot pattern to reduce by a percentage rather than a fixed amount. That seems to get rid of the striping look. I think there is still too much yellow at the top and perhaps the transition is happening too high in the letters. Does anyone else enjoy this stuff?

SG half tone Capture3 (resized).JPGSG half tone Capture3 (resized).JPG
#379 2 years ago

A little closer. I changed the dot pattern to reduce by a percentage rather than a fixed amount. That seems to get rid of the striping look. I think there is still too much yellow at the top and perhaps the transition is happening too high in the letters. Does anyone else enjoy this stuff?
[quoted image]

Considering the very few Star Gazers that were produced (and who knows how many are left? ), I don't anyone notices the variations from the original you are speaking if. I can't speak for others, but I have only seen 2 other Star Gazers in the wild at TPF and all I did was step up an play a couple of games. On year 1, the SG on the floor had a sticking right hand flipper. On year 2, the next Star Gazer had a flaky left flipper. I was disappointed both times and did not stick around studying the play field graphics.

The thing I always noticed with John's play field with the incorrect blue color. The rest of it went over my head.

#380 2 years ago

Is this blasphemy? Dare I include it? Likely no...

SG Capture knees (resized).JPGSG Capture knees (resized).JPG
#381 2 years ago

Maybe a little more dressy.

SG Capture knees2 (resized).JPGSG Capture knees2 (resized).JPG
#382 2 years ago

All I know is that the girl on the play field has a prettier face than the girl on the back glass. She has prettier eyes and her right jaw line is not out of whack.

IMG_8275 (resized).JPGIMG_8275 (resized).JPG

IMG_8274 (resized).JPGIMG_8274 (resized).JPG

#383 2 years ago

Is this blasphemy? Dare I include it? Likely no...
[quoted image]

That took me way too long to figure out what you'd done. I honestly didn't even notice that before. Cool option, for sure. What a strange choice on the original.

#384 2 years ago

I have stared at this playfield for hours and didn't notice that I was missing the lines under the eyes. Thank you to a member here for providing the photo of a Stargazer playfield and now.. she has new eyes...

SG Capture eyes (resized).JPGSG Capture eyes (resized).JPG
#385 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

That took me way too long to figure out what you'd done. I honestly didn't even notice that before. Cool option, for sure. What a strange choice on the original.

Some of us are still trying to figure out what is blasphemous.

#386 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Some of use are still trying to figure out what is blasphemous.

I've added to the art, giving her legs below the knee. Is it wrong to change the original artwork? The fact that you did not notice is very encouraging. I like it and might leave it in for the new playfields. Just need to do the color testing and then I'm going to print the first batch..

SG Capture (resized).JPGSG Capture (resized).JPGSG Capture knees3 (resized).JPGSG Capture knees3 (resized).JPG

#387 2 years ago

I'd rather have it as original.

#388 2 years ago

I think the only jarring thing is the left leg (her right) since her leg covering is different than the backglass.

#389 2 years ago

Her right leg looks odd. I don’t care for it.

#390 2 years ago

Yeah, I think the right leg (her right, our left) is too thin, mostly due to the original artist drawing the pants not quite baggy enough, with a small opening. Once you complete the drawing, you're forced to make her leg a bit too long & lanky compared to the bare leg. That said, you did an amazing job recreating the style of the original.

#391 2 years ago

Might be good to add a hint of yellow/orange to her top. It's nude/flesh colored on the playfield, which looks oddly unfinished. On the backglass there's just enough color to make the bra distinct from her skin.

#392 2 years ago

I've added to the art, giving her legs below the knee. Is it wrong to change the original artwork? The fact that you did not notice is very encouraging. I like it and might leave it in for the new playfields. Just need to do the color testing and then I'm going to print the first batch..
[quoted image][quoted image]

Unknown (resized).pngUnknown (resized).png

Since both of her calves are sitting below the flippers and are sort of hidden, I did not notice. Some will like it; Some won't. I would advise caution about getting too far away from original.

#393 2 years ago

Do not change original art.

Original faces on BG and playfield look fine, they're just different drawings.

#394 2 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Do not change original art.
Original faces on BG and playfield look fine, they're just different drawings.

Ack. Original it shall be.

Well, that was fun.

Fantastic!

#395 2 years ago

Yes I would agree... as someone who wants to buy one of the new ones when they are done, I'd prefer original art with no legs. Although I love the fact you are willing to both experiment as well as make the art even better than it was. Keep up the good work!

#396 2 years ago

Ack. Original it shall be.
Well, that was fun.
Fantastic!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-seawitch-fans-on-pinside

Post #13

b70de97d231ad1fbe084364dbe97720ca55c3f22 (resized).jpgb70de97d231ad1fbe084364dbe97720ca55c3f22 (resized).jpg

post #51

fd1aa51a82e60faa21a7555b02d259053f397e4f (resized).jpgfd1aa51a82e60faa21a7555b02d259053f397e4f (resized).jpg

#397 2 years ago

what the? Topless version of Stingray? someone took some serious liberty there...

#398 2 years ago

I visited a Stargazer today. I noted the “hairy knee” on the playfield, which also had gradient mesh all the way from top to bottom is the Stargazer text. The other version has no hairy knee and only partial gradient mesh. I’ve made arrangements for a playfield for colour testing and now just need a date that the printer will be available. I suspect we will print another batch of 5 playfields on the first run.

18D906E9-9F10-4E9C-AAF4-F14C33501DE5 (resized).jpeg18D906E9-9F10-4E9C-AAF4-F14C33501DE5 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#399 2 years ago

Blasphemy! Those flipper return guides are on backwards!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 10.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
$ 3.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tempe, AZ
There are 691 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargazer-club/page/8?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.