IMG_9658 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9657 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9654 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9656 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9655 (resized).jpeg
20230501_191504 (resized).jpg
20230916_102130 (resized).jpg
There are 691 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.
#451 1 year ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I’ll take one

Thank you. I will order up another sheet.

Quoted from hisokajp:

If you plan on making a dragonfist one I'll take one

I had not thought about Dragonfist. I'll make you one.

On Monday I will go to Menards and order a second sheet of MDO.

That leaves room for two more lamp boards.

#452 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thank you. I will order up another sheet.

I had not thought about Dragonfist. I'll make you one.
On Monday I will go to Menards and order a second sheet of MDO.
That leaves room for two more lamp boards.

oh yeah!

1 week later
#453 1 year ago

My MDO sheeting has arrived for the Star Gazer lamp boards. I cut the blanks this morning. I'll need to finish them out and build the shipping containers for them.

I'll make contact those who have requested a Star Gazer lamp board in 2-3 days.

#454 1 year ago

For the credit display, should a gas display be 6 or 7 digits?

Txs!

#455 1 year ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

For the credit display, should a gas display be 6 or 7 digits?
Txs!

#456 1 year ago

I think the answer is either. 6 digit is technically right but people(including me) have been using 7 digit displays because it centers a little better in the credit window.

#457 1 year ago

Ahhhh, someone put an led display there on my game and it is off center by one digit. Sounds like a 7 digit should fix the problem. Thank you.

#458 1 year ago

You can move one of the wires on the connector to change the digit output. I did it on mine but don’t recall which wire it was off the top of my head.

#459 1 year ago

Well, my 1979 Meteor is now more Star Gazer than Meteor. I guess I'm in the club now. I've seen several different shades of blue for the cabinet paint. I went with this in oil-based paint mainly because I liked the name of the color (Cosmic Cobalt). Seemed like a good choice. Still have the playfield to sort out but the cabinet is nearing completion.
20220820_172525 (resized).jpg20220820_172525 (resized).jpg20220827_162314 (resized).jpg20220827_162314 (resized).jpg

#460 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Well, my 1979 Meteor is now more Star Gazer than Meteor. I guess I'm in the club now. I've seen several different shades of blue for the cabinet paint. I went with this in oil-based paint mainly because I liked the name of the color (Cosmic Cobalt). Seemed like a good choice. Still have the playfield to sort out but the cabinet is nearing completion.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That does not look like a Stern cab. If you said what it was I missed it. Or perhaps you picture is distorted?

#461 1 year ago

Yeah - It is a Meteor cabinet (or at least was). The picture is way out of perspective.

#462 1 year ago

Yeah - It is a Meteor cabinet (or at least was). The picture is way out of perspective.

Thanks.

#463 1 year ago

To those who have bought the Star Gazer lamp boards from me: Since we did not do this via a pinside for sale ad, once our business is closed I will make a donation to pinside for providing the means for this to happen.

Thank you all.

#464 1 year ago

i used the same paint for my "transformation" project

#465 1 year ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

You can move one of the wires on the connector to change the digit output. I did it on mine but don’t recall which wire it was off the top of my head.

For a 6 digit display remove the gray wire next to the brown wire. #12 from the left.

#466 1 year ago

Beautiful paint on the cab. Well done!

#468 1 year ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Any spare playfields out there for sale?

FantasticPinball is making repro playfields and they’ve better color matches to originals than Greatwichjohn or cpr.

#469 1 year ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Any spare playfields out there for sale?

Does repro count

#471 1 year ago

I have a nice john greatwich one that's never been installed.

#473 1 year ago

Good news and bad news. My last supply of SG whitewoods heading to the printer. I guess I will be cutting more soon? So many projects on the go.

Fantastic

85D93FDA-9BF0-4A70-B552-CC0B992157C0 (resized).jpeg85D93FDA-9BF0-4A70-B552-CC0B992157C0 (resized).jpeg
#474 1 year ago
Quoted from FantasticPinball:

Good news and bad news. My last supply of SG whitewoods heading to the printer. I guess I will be cutting more soon? So many projects on the go.
Fantastic
[quoted image]

how much for the fire queen?

#475 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

how much for the fire queen?

It is not ready yet, but I put a stupid amount of money into that one.

Fantastic!

#476 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

To those who have bought the Star Gazer lamp boards from me: Since we did not do this via a pinside for sale ad, once our business is closed I will make a donation to pinside for providing the means for this to happen.
Thank you all.

The SG lamp boards have been paid for and shipped. Pinside donation was made.

I have 3 more blanks if anyone else is needing a Star Gazer lamp board.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have 2 requests for lamp boards for Dragonfist, but I will probably wait until Mirco hopefully gets my DF play field reproduced before I move on those; That guy has more excuses than any politician I have ever listened to. He has had my play field for 2 years now.

#477 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have 2 requests for lamp boards for Dragonfist, but I will probably wait until Mirco hopefully gets my DF play field reproduced before I move on those; That guy has more excuses than any politician I have ever listened to. He has had my play field for 2 years now.

You might get lucky & get it back. Or is he still holding on to stuff? Missed any real update on the status of stuff sent to him for art.

#478 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Please put me on the list for a Dragonfist lamp board.

#479 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

You might get lucky & get it back. Or is he still holding on to stuff? Missed any real update on the status of stuff sent to him for art.

Mirco and I had a long email conversation about him stonewalling on play fields. He said the Dragonfist I sent him would be back 4 months. That has been two years ago. I also sent him my plastics. Part of that conversation is that both my play field and plastics make the return trip.

He has told me he has been busy with his business. i don't wish to say more because if he wants his business revealed that will have to come from him. I'll put it this way: He plans to be making pinball play fields for a long time.

EDIT: I do not fear that he is trying to cheat me. I mean, I send him $900.00 for a play field and he sends a play field.

#480 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

You are #3.

#481 1 year ago

My cabinet is nearing completion. I figure one more day and it will be done. Playfield is next.

20220903_202229 (resized).jpg20220903_202229 (resized).jpg20220903_202710 (resized).jpg20220903_202710 (resized).jpg
#482 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

You can put me on the list if you need a 4th.

#483 1 year ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

You are on the list.

Thank you.

#484 1 year ago

My cabinet is nearing completion. I figure one more day and it will be done. Playfield is next.

This looks so great! Makes me excited to finish mine but I’m doing a “good enough” restoration on this one.

I did a high end restore on an Addams Family recently and it about drove me crazy. Kudos to the people who can do projects to that degree regularly!

#485 1 year ago

Quick note for those waiting for SG playfields. Sorry to report we had a problem with the printer that resulted in failed print on the last batch. I am going to have to sand them down and start over. I have some fear that sanding will take too much of the surface off, so I may have to scrap this batch and make a fresh batch of whitewoods. This is going to take a bit longer than I would have liked, and now I am out of pocket for the damaged items. Sorry folks, but that is the way it goes with small scale productions.

Fantastic!

#486 1 year ago

Quick note for those waiting for SG playfields. Sorry to report we had a problem with the printer that resulted in failed print on the last batch. I am going to have to sand them down and start over. I have some fear that sanding will take too much of the surface off, so I may have to scrap this batch and make a fresh batch of whitewoods. This is going to take a bit longer than I would have liked, and now I am out of pocket for the damaged items. Sorry folks, but that is the way it goes with small scale productions.
Fantastic!

Sorry to hear that! Happy to pay a little more to make sure you're covered if need be.

#487 1 year ago

Fantastic!

That’s a bummer but things happen. Take the time you need.

#488 1 year ago

Anybody got some shop photos of this area with the plastics off? Trying to figure out where all the wires and posts go.

20220911_191411 (resized).jpg20220911_191411 (resized).jpg
#489 1 year ago

Anybody got some shop photos of this area with the plastics off? Trying to figure out where all the wires and posts go.
[quoted image]

IMG_6389 (resized).jpgIMG_6389 (resized).jpg

Your plastic piece can help you figure it out, too.

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 4.02.31 AM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2022-09-12 at 4.02.31 AM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2022-09-12 at 4.02.16 AM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2022-09-12 at 4.02.16 AM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2022-09-12 at 3.57.03 AM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2022-09-12 at 3.57.03 AM (resized).jpgIMG_7441 (resized).jpgIMG_7441 (resized).jpg

There is also a ball guide wire that wraps around behind the posts. I don't have a picture of it, but there will be two holes behind the posts for that wire.

IMG_6331 (resized).jpgIMG_6331 (resized).jpg

#490 1 year ago
BDB73439-2822-4E9E-8AFB-A25073E8D48D.jpegBDB73439-2822-4E9E-8AFB-A25073E8D48D.jpeg
#491 1 year ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I’ll take one

Somehow I got off on my count of Star Gazer lamp boards. Are you still interested in one? I have the material to cut another one. Send me a PM, please.

#492 1 year ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

If you plan on making a dragonfist one I'll take one

Quoted from bluespin:

Quoted from dothedoo:

I have cut 4 Dragonfist lamp boards. I misplaced my notes and do not remember who the fourth person is.

Please PM me and I can set you up with Dragonfist lamp board.

1 week later
#493 1 year ago

Star Gazer is still moving forward. I have a wire ball guide set and I am pretty sure I know where everything goes. Lots of holes for these are missing in the repro playfield. The only one I'm not 100 percent on is the little one. Can somebody confirm the install location for that one?
1664055561459870031888540511455 (resized).jpg1664055561459870031888540511455 (resized).jpg

#494 1 year ago

Lots of holes for these are missing in the repro playfield.

That's strange. All wire guide holes were in mine.

The only one I'm not 100 percent on is the little one.

I made my own wire guides. I do not remember making that little one up.

#495 1 year ago

Star Gazer is still moving forward. I have a wire ball guide set and am pretty I know where everything goes. Lots of holes for these are missing in the repro playfield. The only one I'm not 100 percent on is the little one. Can somebody confirm the install location for that one?
[quoted image]

Here you go.

6DC32880-37A0-441F-B11F-C7D5F3AD678E (resized).jpeg6DC32880-37A0-441F-B11F-C7D5F3AD678E (resized).jpeg

#496 1 year ago

I am fine tuning my

Quoted from djblouw:

Here you go.
[quoted image]

haha i remember that one

#497 1 year ago

Does anyone know what post size to use where? Classic Sterns seem to always use tall posts for the lower two / thirds of the playfield. Any post under a plastic in this area is tall. The upper third always seem to be the shorter posts. That logic doesn’t seem to apply to Star Gazer. What I am seeing in restored machines is all posts under a plastic are tall with only a few exposed posts being the shorter ones. Any help is greatly appreciated.

#498 1 year ago

Does anyone know what post size to use where? Classic Sterns seem to always use tall posts for the lower two / thirds of the playfield. Any post under a plastic in this area is tall. The upper third always seem to be the shorter posts. That logic doesn’t seem to apply to Star Gazer. What I am seeing in restored machines is all posts under a plastic are tall with only a few exposed posts being the shorter ones. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I put tall posts on my slingshots.

For drop target plastics I use short posts; there is enough clearance that the plastics and drop targets do not interfere with each others. For arch plastics I use short posts so they will nest against the ball guides and prevent light leaks from the GI lights.

On the SG I built, IIRC, since there were no slingshots, I think I used short posts everywhere. I may have used tall posts at the spinners, but can't remember. However, with the Quicksilver I am building, I used tall posts at the spinners and had to swap to short posts because the play field glass could not clear the two spinner cages.

#499 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I put tall posts on my slingshots.
For drop target plastics I use short posts; there is enough clearance that the plastics and drop targets do not interfere with each others. For arch plastics I use short posts so they will nest against the ball guides and prevent light leaks from the GI lights.
On the SG I built, IIRC, since there were no slingshots, I think I used short posts everywhere. I may have used tall posts at the spinners, but can't remember. However, with the Quicksilver I am building, I used tall posts at the spinners and had to swap to short posts because the play field glass could not clear the two spinner cages.

Well, I think the reproduction target faces are going to force me to go with tall posts for everything that pokes through a plastic. The short ones don’t provide enough clearance.

#500 1 year ago

Well, I think the reproduction target faces are going to force me to go with tall posts for everything that pokes through a plastic. The short ones don’t provide enough clearance.

i mostly remember that on the upper left spinner, it's right side is on a short post but the other 2 post being that drop target assy are tall ones-

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tempe, AZ
$ 3.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 691 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargazer-club/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.