By SealClubber

1 week ago

Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by kiario
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171027_133313 (resized).jpg
20171015_191016 (resized).jpg
20171007_190949 (resized).jpg
20171007_190959 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 6.55.25 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 6.43.18 AM (resized).png

#1 10 days ago

Since there is no club started, I thought I would add one to help those of us who are trying to build one, and for those who already have one.

Since finding 12 classic Stern stand up target assemblies will be impossible, what is everyone using as a compatible substitute? Can we use modern Stern or B/W target assemblies as long as they are front mount?

#2 10 days ago

I'm looking to buy one and join the club...anyone? Hello? Can you hear me? Is this thing on?

#3 10 days ago

I can't remember where I saw it but someone had made some modified roms for SG. Anyone know where to get them or feel like sharing?

#4 10 days ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Since finding 12 classic Stern stand up target assemblies will be impossible, what is everyone using as a compatible substitute? Can we use modern Stern or B/W target assemblies as long as they are front mount?

These should work (no rivet). Of course, out of stock.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/22-1034-02

#5 10 days ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

I can't remember where I saw it but someone had made some modified roms for SG. Anyone know where to get them or feel like sharing?

http://www.pinball4you.ch/okaegi/pro_soft.html

#6 10 days ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Since there is no club started, I thought I would add one to help those of us who are trying to build one, and for those who already have one.

For the most part, a standup target is a standup target. I bought some of the repro square target plastics from someone (named Bob) linked to on another thread. Then I bought some Williams units from Ebay and swapped the plastic targets out. The Williams units are front mount and have a diode installed. The difference is that the two holes in the mounting bracket are "front to back" instead of side by side like the Sterns.

The Williams units also have the foam impact backing behind the switch.

If you are going for original look under the play field then the Williams brackets will not work for you. But they will work. The main reason I went with these it that they were cheap on Ebay.

However, Steve at Pinball resource has a Bally "Stand Up Switch Assembly with Reversible Bracket" that looks like it will work. You will need to buy some of those repro targets and add a diode. The part number is: CA-10255-X. The problem is that they cost $6.60 each. The repro targets are about $1.50 each. That's $8.00 per switch. You need 11 for a total of $88.00 worth of standup targets !!

These do look like they are the "correct" side-by-side" screw holes in the mount bracket.

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 6.43.18 AM (resized).png

#7 10 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I bought some of the repro square target plastics from someone (named Bob) linked to on another thread.

I found his email: He is Bob Langelius.

email: bob@langelius.com

He makes (or did make) the square targets in red, white, and yellow.

This pic is what PBR used to stock. THe yellows and whites I bought from Bob look like this one.

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 6.55.25 AM (resized).png

#8 10 days ago

What are you all doing for the color coded wire for your SG build?

#9 10 days ago

@sealclubber: Star Gazer (not StarGazer)

#10 10 days ago

I'm slowly moving on mine. Just about got the cabinet painted. It was a Meteor

20171007_190959 (resized).jpg

20171007_190949 (resized).jpg

#12 9 days ago

Funny....I was gonna start one over the weekend.

#13 9 days ago

Family rivals

20171015_191016 (resized).jpg

#14 9 days ago

Fixed title
Thank you. I ordered the Blue assemblies from PBR. If I can't get white square targets from BOB, I may just make decals for the targets. Will probably do that anyway. Thinking of putting the corresponding zodiac sign on each target.

#15 9 days ago

20171027_133313 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#16 18 hours ago

I have one in my house. Quite OK condition. See pinballowners for photos. I had it for some 5 months. Just recently totally restored a Firepower.

Now I will start on the Stargazer

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 140.00

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside