2022-09-16 15.49.09 (resized).jpg
2022-09-16 16.05.41 (resized).jpg
2022-09-16 15.42.07 (resized).jpg
2022-09-16 15.43.24 (resized).jpg
2022-09-16 14.50.58 (resized).jpg
2022-09-05 11.32.56 (resized).jpg
2022-09-05 12.45.19 (resized).jpg
2022-09-05 12.38.54 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stefanmader.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

anything for you? https://thestargateproject.com/
like you have nothing to do

Oh my god that thing is incredible, a little to big for the playfield though.

Your projekt is really cool, a lot of complicated stuff with the arduino, very impressive.!

4 weeks later
#47 2 years ago
Quoted from MeesterPieter:

after connecting my prototype PCB about half of the solenoids worked, well could be worse
after adjusting some ports, remaking some connectors and editing some of the software i got most of it working, all except for some switches i'm not really using at the moment so i'll leave it here for now.
only thing not working right is the kickback because i haven't replaced the too short plunger yet for a longer version, but the switch and coil work.

coil activation times are somewhere between 8-30ms , i've build in a cooloff period so i wont overheat the coils, and the flippers are going in pulsing mode after 30ms like shown earlier
with all coils working it is really starting to look like an actual pinball.
next up populating more of the playfield to make it a bit more playable.

Looks awesome! Love the ramps.

1 week later
#53 2 years ago

Very nice, looks like fun!

#55 2 years ago

Thanks Stefan
Now i'm this far i'm gonna have to take it up another level I guess.
I have been thinking a lot about the next steps
regarding the arduino controller i'm thinking about leaving it like this for now, the arduino programming stuff isn't really the most fun part about it for me and since it needs alot of work getting some nice game modes in i think it'll be better to start with a MPF setup, still alot of work but i guess it makes it a whole load easier than the arduino route. I need to get read a more info on which system setup would be best though, also following the new OPP CobraPin, might be a good starting point when that one is available.
Playfield and theme.
I recently picked up another playfield which had quite some nice features for the stargate theme, integrating them into this one is an option but i'm at the moment still convinced that i shouldn't make it more difficult than it already is. So at the moment i'm more inclined to keep working on my current playfield as a more simple startup game, and when i get it all up and running to make a second playfield which is a bit more challenging. Making playfields swappable shouldn't be a problem. The second playfield is going to be Stargate, this simpeler first playfield will get another theme. Which will be revealed later
Graphics and lighting
I'll need to make some tests with drilling some insert holes and printing some brackets for the WS2812 lights, then i can start to make a lighting plan/layout and start thinking about artwork and game modes.
Sound/LCD screen/cabinet will come when i've proceeded further with the control boards

i use MPF with the multimorphic Boards (P3-Roc, PD-16, PD-LED, SW-16, Powerentry), i really love MPF, once you get the hang of it you can just add more and more to your game.
With the multimorphic Boards i couldn't be happier, but other people love to use FAST, maybe someone knows the differences?! i only know the multimorphic boards and have no intention to switch.

The CobraPin however would be very interesting, i would love to try that sometime

Your project is really cool!

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Mpf is amazing!! If you aren’t quite proficient at python, or just want to jump start a ton of work MPF Is the way to go I would say. It’s a learning curve but once it starts to make sense, I see it saving huge amounts of time.
I use FAST - honestly I think PROC or fast are both great. Depending on the number of switches or drivers you need, one or the other might make more cost sense. One Main difference seems to be that fast is locked in at 256 serial LEDs unless you use fade candy (to add more), whereas PROC can be a mix of serial and parallel LEDs, but I believe you pay by the board to add LEDs vs having 256 channels built into the main fast board.
Cobrapin looks like a really great cheaper option, almost grabbed one on the Kickstarter.

yes with PROC you can add PD-LED boards if you need more LEDs.

4 weeks later
#60 2 years ago

Mpf is really cool, once you get the hang of it, and have a working solution for a couple of things, your code will grow fast, because you can just copy your own code pieces

#62 2 years ago

Yeah i still need to figure out a lot
I've drawn some inserts as well , i made them as close to the original dimensions as possible, so its easy to switch from the printed ones to original ones when my prototype is finished.
When finished i'll post them on my thingiverse
[quoted image]

Looks great

3 weeks later
#69 2 years ago

what an awesome idea

#71 2 years ago

yeah now i got this far i got a lot more idea's , perhaps a second speaker so i can play background music and sound effects at the same time, then perhaps its also possible to make a show where the sound effect match the lights that are flashing, that would be really nice offcourse.
also im thinking about making a 3d printed transparant R2 and deathstar for some more lighting on the top, and perhaps some bumpercaps to cover the bumperholes.

That sounds cool! I tried once to make lights that react to sound with an arduino, but the microphone was just to sensitive, it didn 't work how it should..

1 week later
#75 2 years ago

haha oh yes cutting it all by hand is hell. on my first playfield i used a dremel... boy i nearly died of the smoke it created.
and with a good router it's always exciting if maybe after 2 hours of cutting you might just slip off and ruin everything.

2 weeks later
#83 2 years ago

haha oh yes cutting it all by hand is hell. on my first playfield i used a dremel... boy i nearly died of the smoke it created.
and with a good router it's always exciting if maybe after 2 hours of cutting you might just slip off and ruin everything.

Quoted from Cmartin1235:

How do you accurately cut the triangles with a router?

and how does your guide look like?

#86 2 years ago

Thank you for that insight! Didn't know how to do that. Your pictures are awesome!

1 month later
#98 2 years ago

Oh no, was the water damage because of the weather?

2 weeks later
#105 2 years ago

wow your playfield cuts look really clean

2 weeks later
1 week later
1 week later
#117 2 years ago

Looks really cool, a lot of drop targets! Love drop targets

#119 2 years ago

Yeah the more the better

Absolutely, hm i want more too now, have to take a look, if i can fit some instead of my standup targets as well. Hihi

4 months later
1 week later
#129 2 years ago

That is a cool idea too! Love it

#131 2 years ago

Maybe the orange black palmtree background from the beverly hills cop 2 cover art will look good on the sides

1 month later
#154 1 year ago

You can define the leds as rgb, or grb very easily. That will solve the wrong colors.

Here an example from the mpf tutorials. See the type argument

lights:
my_ws2811:
number: 0 # first LED in chain (with three channels)
type: rgb
my_ws2812:
number: 1 # second LED in chain (with three channels)
type: grb

3 weeks later
#168 1 year ago

Very cool! Awesome to see your gameplay video!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

1,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miller Place, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
2,856 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stefanmader.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargateseries-homebrew-pnp-pinball?tu=stefanmader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.