(Topic ID: 236190)

Stargate...is it fun?

By SpecialK-33

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jitneystand1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 5 years ago

This era of Gottlieb's flippers are kind of ridiculous...it makes the games too easy IMO. You can cradle anything, it removes much of the finesse in flipper skills and while many are good pins it usually keeps the fun short lived for me (love playing them elsewhere, but with very few exceptions I'm done bringing them home). That said, I consider Stargate easily among the top 20 I've owned (around 70 total) and I'd take it over at least half of the pins ranked above it in the top 100.

Never saw the movie so not sure how the theme translates, but it's a good looking pin and just flat out fun to play. Hit your shots and it flows very well, which is strange to say considering it's a mostly a stop-and-go game. Hate the flippers, LOVE the game.

*disclaimer - I own and love both Genesis and Bad Girls, so take my opinion for exactly what it's worth

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jitneystand1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargateis-it-fun?tu=jitneystand1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.