5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cycloneman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 5 years ago

sounds more like a power supply issue but try this first...power off and lift up the playfield check the wires that are near the back of the playfield leading up to the boards in the backbox.Check and see if any wires or a batch of wires might have got kinked in between playfield and backbox.Also,check the main fuse in the metal box in the lower right side of cabinet

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Cherga:

Thanks cycloneman I checked everything and can’t see anything that looks kinked/damaged and all fuses tested good. I’m thinking it’s a power supply issue or a short somewhere. I’ll keep at it.

ok,if its a short the game would not do anything at all even play a game.look at the male header pins(where the connectors connect) on the power driver board do you see any pins that cracked/need a reflow of solder?

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Doing this may have caused more damage, one shouldn't power up a Sys3 with the DMD disconnected.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargatesystem-3-owners-help-please#post-1124029
Other info in that post might help, good luck!

shit!! yes thats right system 3's are horrible about this,worst case of this and i hope it did not happen is it can damage/kill the DMD

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah yes, the old Gottlieb "built like a tank" argument-killer.

system 80 are built like tanks.

Quoted from frunch:

No worries! Only wanted to clear up that bit. I had just checked Clay's guide as another source to be sure the info was accurate.

Yes,system 3 never disconnect the display with the power on..I learned that lesson long time ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cycloneman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-won%e2%80%99t-bootshuts-off?tu=Cycloneman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.