• Latest reply 1 year ago by mystman12
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20220703_004045886~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220703_004432616~2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mystman12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

A while back, while trying to diagnose another issue, I swapped the ground wires on the two lower flippers to test something. This caused some weirdness with the switch matrix, mainly the start button wasn't working. Well I finally got around to undoing the swapped ground wires today, but the start button still isn't working, and neither is the left kicking target switch, which is right below it in the matrix. Everything else works though, all other switches, all lights (I went through the light matrix test to check for ghosting, no issue there), all coils.

It's my understanding that, if there was a broken wire on a switch, it would affect all switches *below* it in the matrix right? That doesn't seem to be the case here, it's just the two topmost switches of column 4. All switches below the non-functional ones work fine.

Physically both switches work fine. I reheated the solder on the left kicking target switch just to be sure that wasn't cold, no difference. The start button is connected with plugs.

Any advice?

#3 1 year ago

Good to know, thanks! Looking at the schematics it looks like that's the case. I'll have to do more probing soon.

PXL_20220703_004045886~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220703_004045886~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220703_004432616~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220703_004432616~2 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#4 1 year ago

*Finally* got around to looking at this again and found the issue, I had accidentally cut the blue-yellow-yellow wire between the left kicking target and the ball trough while removing the zipties earlier. Spliced it back together and it seems like it's working fine again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mystman12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-two-switches-at-top-of-column-are-out?tu=mystman12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.