IMG_1725.jpg
IMG_1724.jpg
IMG_1726.jpg
IMG_1723.jpg
IMG_1722.jpg
IMG_1721.jpg
IMG_1720.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I have a Stargate. The left top Upkicker is blowing the fuse. I changed out the coil. The transistor needs to be replaced on the driver board. The left sling wires are cut. I assume the transistor also needs to be changed and the coil replaced. The light rope is missing but the connector is there to connect to. Other than this the game works.

The playfield is nice. There is some wear at the left outlane coil. The cabinet is nice. I am thinking of asking $1800 or best offer.

I can replace the transistors or even buy a new Rottendog board. I can buy a light rope for $32 or so. I am trying to figure out if I should spend the time to fix this and get more money (and maybe even enjoy it for a while) or just sell as is. Thanks for any advice. (I tried selling another game and got chastised and told to ask advice so I am this time )

Thanks
Michael

#2 9 years ago

You need to post this in the marketplace FYI.

#3 9 years ago

I think he is just seeking advice at this time.

#4 9 years ago

He has been on this site two years. He understands how to price games. This is a thinly veiled FS thread

#5 9 years ago

Eventually this may be. I know how to price games if I restore. I am not sure how to price games if I sell as is. I am looking at prices in the past and wanted to find out if this is worth $1000, $1300 or if it is worth $1800. I am on my phone responding and will move this when on a PC.

#6 9 years ago

I wouldn't pay more than $1K for a Stargate with those issues. But if the playfield is really nice, you might find someone willing to pay up to ~$1500.

#7 9 years ago

If you fix those issues I would think you could get between 1,500 and 1,800.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-thinking-of-selling-and-seeking-fair-price-to-offer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.