• 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RTS
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Terminator-shooting-children.gif
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

But dont you Stargate owner´s find the Gottlieb bats a little heavy!? or a bit slow!??
Regards guys

No, different may be, but not slower. If I had a negative comment to make on my Stargate, it would be about the ramps, which are hard to climb. Someone else called that game "clunky" because of these ramp. I do not share that view but understands the point.

Except if you are multiball-allergic, you should enjoy that game. I love the trade concept, which I found well balanced.

#52 11 years ago

Get a T2 and pimp it out for 1/2 the price of a NIB Stern.

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album269

Terminator-shooting-children.gifTerminator-shooting-children.gif

#53 11 years ago

Did everyone else miss it when he threw Fish Tales into the mix?

#54 11 years ago

Thanks rancegt...

#55 11 years ago

Black Rose over T2? can i have your opinions!? Regards

#56 11 years ago

I own T2 and have SG on my short list. There really is no debate here, if you have none of only a couple, SG is the deeper option, and even in a large collection, I could not imagine choosing T2 over SG, as SG offers so much.

T2 is a great machine, and one that I always enjoy playing (well, I enjoy all of mine thoroughly), but like most SR pins, it's made to be fast and fun, and not too deep. In home use times, SG would win I think for most.

When I get my SG, I'm going to use shorter stops to counter the high bat extension. That is one thing that seriously bothers me about system 3's, they were made to be easier for people in that sense. The marketing tactic that was a good idea at the time, but it screws with your play when you are used to the norm.

#57 11 years ago

I'd pick the Stargate first, Fish Tales second and T2 third. I do like T2, but just playing in a bar for an evening I've had the feeling I'd done everything possible already. Somewhere else: same feeling: great game, but not for the long run.
Stargate is more about strategy: what will you do next, start 3x playfield value and try starting a multiball or battle, or finish all modes for the Wizard-mode or maybe al segments for the other wizard mode. I did play a Stargate that bored me though: it was too easy. I've my setting on harder than standard. No 50% chance of a kickback at the left outlane (always a drain, unless comming from the ramps or pop-bumpers). Standard multiball harder. Maybe some other settings on hard too.
Maybe it'd be the same with T2, but I think it has too little options to go for to become a keeper in a smaller collection.

Fish Tales I get to liking more the more I play it (dont own it, but play it fairly regularly).

Well... always a hard choice, but I'd go with Stargate. Most people I know either love it or just don't care for/hate it though. Some dislike the music, I like the synthesizer/midi sound.
And indeed: be sure to hold both flipper buttons for a moment before shooting the first ball.

#58 11 years ago

If you have no experience on either game, I would guess you'd like T2 more at first, then hate it more later.

You might hate SG more at first, but then like it more later.

In a one game collection, I would go with SG. You're better off with depth in the long run, unless you swap games a lot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 21.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Harrisburg, PA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 9.95
$ 27.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-terminator-2/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.