IMG_1540.jpg
IMG_1450.jpg
IMG_1446.jpg
IMG_1424.jpg
IMG_1445.jpg
IMG_1443.jpg
IMG_1422.jpg

#1 8 years ago

I just purchased a Stargate that has everything removed from the top of the playfield. Unfortunately, the previous owner does not have tear down pics. Does anyone have pics from a tear down that they would graciously share? Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

I might have some but will be a day or two to find them. On my old PC.

#3 8 years ago

I have about 100 of them I was going to delete off my camera for space since my stargate restore is finished now. I just don't know how to get all those pics to you.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I have about 100 of them I was going to delete off my camera for space since my Stargate restore is finished now. I just don't know how to get all those pics to you.

If the total collection is under 2GB in size, you can upload them to a free Dropbox account and send a link for someone to access them for download.

If it's greater than 2GB and you don't already have a Dropbox subscription, free options start to get limited. Creating a torrent is one option for large files (yes, torrenting technology is perfectly legal...it's just what some people choose do with it which is frowned upon)

It also might be faster and easier to burn the photos to a DVD and mail it.

#5 8 years ago

Any of that sounds like more work than I should expect. However, it would be appreciated beyond words. How was the reassembly? Were there any really tricky parts?

#6 8 years ago

Could I setup a Dropbox and allow someone to put pictures in there? Would the files be too large for email?

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Bbismuth:

Could I setup a Dropbox and allow someone to put pictures in there? Would the files be too large for email?

Yeah maybe you could do that. The files are anywhere between 900Kb to 2Mb each so it will take 100 emails to get them all to you. But if you do the drop box thing so I can drop the files in there that would probably work. Sooner rather then later though because I really need the space on my camera now to do another tear down.

#8 8 years ago

Here are just a few of many.

IMG_1422.JPGIMG_1422.JPGIMG_1424.JPGIMG_1424.JPGIMG_1443.JPGIMG_1443.JPGIMG_1445.JPGIMG_1445.JPGIMG_1446.JPGIMG_1446.JPGIMG_1450.JPGIMG_1450.JPG

#9 8 years ago

And here are some after shots so you know what to look forward to. I did also clear coat mine.

IMG_1540.JPGIMG_1540.JPGIMG_1619.JPGIMG_1619.JPGIMG_1620.JPGIMG_1620.JPGIMG_1617.JPGIMG_1617.JPGIMG_1612.JPGIMG_1612.JPG

#10 8 years ago

http://www.dirtguyhome.com/Stargate/Index.htm

I found this site when I was working on mine. Not sure who's site it is.

#11 8 years ago

i too would be interested in these pics as i finished tearing down the top of my playfield to repair damage and i lost all my pics of the process when my computer had to be rebooted. dropbox worked great for me as a super kind member here (thanks mike) sent scans to me that were way to large for email. i had to empty my folder once i downloaded them onto my computer but the process was quick and FREE! my teardown was only a few months ago so anything i can do to help feel free to shoot a pm.
thanks
blake

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

If the total collection is under 2GB in size, you can upload them to a free Dropbox account and send a link for someone to access them for download.
If it's greater than 2GB and you don't already have a Dropbox subscription, free options start to get limited. Creating a torrent is one option for large files (yes, torrenting technology is perfectly legal...it's just what some people choose do with it which is frowned upon)
It also might be faster and easier to burn the photos to a DVD and mail it.

I have given the op "Bbismuth" 107 pictures of my tear down via drop box. Thanks for the suggestion! And I hope it helps him. Now I can wipe my camera free

2 weeks later
#13 8 years ago

Just found my pictures. Most were bad. Glad you were able to help him.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
Decorations
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-tear-down-pics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.