Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Hammerhead1550
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

stargate_ropelight_hack.jpg
015.jpg
great_news.png
alien_dance.gif
Ihatethesnow!_001.jpg
image.jpg

There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

This is a big world but small community. The chances are that someone here on pinside, the bash, or RGP will see this pin for sale. It amazing how this network works but unless the ones who stole it keep it for along time it will be found.

and heads will roll.

#102 6 years ago

Unbelievable...Some people work for the things they have and slime balls think they can just take what they want.

#103 6 years ago

Money sent - 5 euros... Hope paypal won't charge your friend a 6€ change fee.
I played SG this afternoon thinking about this!

#104 6 years ago

5'er sent!

#105 6 years ago

money sent - let's hope 200 people send it - thanks ed

#106 6 years ago

When I drove to northern Arkansas to pick up a Rollergames, I stay overnight at a hotel/motel w/ the pin wrapped in a brown tarp in the back of my pick-up truck. It did cross my mind about whether or not someone would steal a pin from back of a truck. There was no rain forecast and I was too tired to bring it in my room for the night. I didn't have any problems, ...guess I was more fortunate.

Concerning the Stargate theft, I assume one of these two scenarios occured:
* thief noticed the pin in the truck (or something large under tarp) while both were driving earlier that day, and the thief followed to see where the truck w/ pin parked at, then returned that night with help to make his move.
* thief is someone local in the neighborhood or close by surrounding area who noticed it.
There was no daily pattern for the thief to pick up on in that particular case.

I doubt that it shows up on ebay. Possibly CL.
The pin may just end up in thief's garage/basement, or at one of his buddies place.

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

The pin may just end up in thief's garage/basement, or at one of his buddies place.

this.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from PapaJohn:

Tracelifter you are right!! My small town is now being over run with low class trash due to section 8 housing laws. I was burglarized several months ago. Cops told me I was 'on my own'. Their response time is six to eight minutes....they are gone in six most of the time. When caught they get (1) week in jail if no confrontation occures. And, if you catch them in the house, shoot them until they are DEAD. Otherwise they will sue you and win!! We now own a easy to handle rifle for HUO, the Circuit Judge.

This is happening all over the country, the section 8 moves in, the graffiti and theft starts and the decent people flee and the area goes ghetto.
You work 30 years to pay off a house and our wonderful gov't uses our tax dollars to move trash in next door.
Our whole town is going ghetto because of this, they built one of these "sustainable living" projects in Big Bear and the drug dealing and theft has gone through the roof.
The people around it are stuck and can't move unless they sell to a slumlord at giveaway prices, nobody wants their property.

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Police chief in my city has been quoted saying "If they are inside your property, and you feel threatened, fire until your weapon is empty".

Love that guy.

Yeah, here in Davie County in the good old "Dirty South", that's the way our Sheriff thinks too. I know him personally and half his force. I don't doubt if someone was on my property and needed to be spanked with my Winchester 94 they'd totally understand.

#110 6 years ago

Something like this might work when parking at a motel. Could be mounted and moved around with velcro tape, or maybe to the lift gate of a truck.

amazon.com link »

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Yeah, here in Davie County in the good old "Dirty South", that's the way our Sheriff thinks too. I know him personally and half his force. I don't doubt if someone was on my property and needed to be spanked with my Winchester 94 they'd totally understand.

How's your district attorney feel ? He's the one that issues warrants and stuff.

LTG : )

#112 6 years ago

$5 sent.

Would be cool if Pinside could completely turn things around for the guy, and it was worth $5 to me to try to make it happen.

#113 6 years ago

Here's another option:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appventive.MotionAlarm&hl=en

Turn your droid phone into a gps tracker. Throw it in the coin box before you hit the sack.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Here's another option:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appventive.MotionAlarm&hl=en
Turn your droid phone into a gps tracker. Throw it in the coin box before you hit the sack.

Then you can lose a droid, and a pinball machine!

#116 6 years ago

Hi everyone, I am the person who had the Stargate stolen out of my truck. The thieves also broke into the house across the street where my truck was parked the same night to steal the copper wiring and plumbing pipe from the walls. The house was for sale but vacent because the family was millitary and got deployed to another area. So I think it was some drug addicts looking for some quick scrap copper. I appreciate everyone offerring, and actually donating, but please keep you money, and I am going to return those that did donate when I get home later tonight. I have a cousin who knows a lot of the criminal element in the area and is going to see who starts bragging about what they did, and if one brags about the pin, the he will get it back for me. (That side of my family is like the soprainos when it comes to thieves). So unless it was scrapped for the wire chances are someone will run there mouth about it, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I may get lucky. Thanks again for all the support you guys are great

David

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

How's your district attorney feel ? He's the one that issues warrants and stuff.

LTG : )

I was actually engaged to his (well, the primary ADA in the tri-county area who handle the majority of those types of cases) daughter for 2 1/2 years. I guess the "was" in this equation could be the kicker :/

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

I guess the "was" in this equation could be the kicker :/

Yeah, you are going down...

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

I have a cousin who knows a lot of the criminal element in the area and is going to see who starts bragging about what they did, and if one brags about the pin, the he will get it back for me. (That side of my family is like the soprainos when it comes to thieves).

Excellent, I hope he shoots them in the face.

#120 6 years ago

Hi everyone, I am the person who had the Stargate stolen out of my truck. The thieves also broke into the house across the street where my truck was parked the same night to steal the copper wiring and plumbing pipe from the walls. The house was for sale but vacent because the family was millitary and got deployed to another area. So I think it was some drug addicts looking for some quick scrap copper. I appreciate everyone offerring, and actually donating, but please keep you money, and I am going to return those that did donate when I get home later tonight. I have a cousin who knows a lot of the criminal element in the area and is going to see who starts bragging about what they did, and if one brags about the pin, the he will get it back for me. (That side of my family is like the soprainos when it comes to thieves). So unless it was scrapped for the wire chances are someone will run there mouth about it, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I may get lucky. Thanks again for all the support you guys are great
David

All of us in the DC/Baltimore area have your back and are keeping our eyes out for ya!

#121 6 years ago

You should park a pin tonight at the exact same place with a Boomerang or GPS tracer in the pin. That way you could, with a few of us 'MEET' these guys in person.

#122 6 years ago

you should get the word out to all the pawn shops and scrap metal dealers to be on the lookout for the game.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

If you pull it out you better pull the trigger or someday it will come back to haunt you.
That is like aiming to wound someone. (just dumb) If your shooting do it to kill.
These are very wise words and it is just how I was raised.

Correct sir, if you intend on wounding be prepared to fork over the monetary value and then some of what they came to steal in the first place because you probably will loose in court unless you have some very serious evidence against them. As noted earlier in the thread, if you feel that your life or family is in jeopardy in your own home it's best that they leave the property in a bag. If all convicted thieves lost a hand as a consequence of their actions there would be a lot of one handed people in our country.

As for the pin theft your buddy has my sympathy for his loss, unfortunately a large wrapped item in the back of a truck and in particular a big fancy truck just yells "I'm something expensive, please steal me". I'm nervous enough that I won't even transport a pin in my truck uncovered, I don't want anybody remotely even knowing where I'm going with it. You have the pin army on your side and I really really hope the machine had some minor issue that will cause the perp to join Pinside to get help or they will try to sell it for quick cash and it will be spotted. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya! If the donations get started again count me in for a fiver for sure!

#124 6 years ago

This is why I have a security system in my truck. When I have anything of value in the bed I lock the tailgate, the canopy door and arm my alarm. If they break a window, pry open the canopy door or somehow get the tailgate open the alarm will sound and page me. It's no guarantee that something won't get stolen, but I'll know when it's being attempted and so will the neighborhood.

Sucks to get stuff stolen. I hope you get your pin back. - Barry

#125 6 years ago

no you take a SF2 or Xfiles. Throw it in your truck, packed with explosives with a limited range trigger attached. Once it's 500 feet from your garage it sets it off. The rest will take care of itself.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

no you take a SF2 or Xfiles. Throw it in your truck, packed with explosives with a limited range trigger attached. Once it's 500 feet from your garage it sets it off. The rest will take care of itself.

Ha, LOL, thats a worse liability problem than my shooting them in the face in cold blood. Good stuff Neo!

#127 6 years ago

when it comes to stealing, I'm with Neo. I live in your neck of the woods centerflank, and would also not want to be the "thief" working my home. My family comes first and I would have no concern for the intruders well-being.

#128 6 years ago

back on track, sorry for your loss and against odds hope you recover your game hammerhead

#129 6 years ago

Lol...Dude why an SF2, why not raven or something..?

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Lol...Dude why an SF2, why not raven or something..?

because I picked the 2 worst games I could think of. I mean there are other ones you could do as well like, phoenix or something, but those 2 would appear not so bad to the untrained player. Just the theme alone would make you think, "oh that might be good". Surprise! it's horrible.

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

now that's some creative thinking, love it!

#132 6 years ago

I'm right down the road - I'll keep my eye on CL

#133 6 years ago

See if the Motel has cameras.

#134 6 years ago

Was not at motel...Older military community, Indian Head, MD

#135 6 years ago

Well first let me say I'm sorry for your loss.

Hi everyone, I am the person who had the Stargate stolen out of my truck. The thieves also broke into the house across the street where my truck was parked the same night to steal the copper wiring and plumbing pipe from the walls. The house was for sale but vacent because the family was millitary and got deployed to another area....

I believe a little common sense might have helped out here. I personally wouldn't have parked my truck across the street from where I was staying and then to compound the problem the house was empty with a "for sale" sign.

#136 6 years ago

If these crooks try to sell it on CL you will here from 5 to 10 pinheads in the first 5 minutes. these crooks have no idea how some pinheads are glued to the CL adds!

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

If these crooks try to sell it on CL you will here from 5 to 10 pinheads in the first 5 minutes. these crooks have no idea how some pinheads are glued to the CL adds!

Agreed, they better plan on keeping for many years! Sorry about your luck.

#138 6 years ago

$ sent! Best of luck David.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from schmoo:

I don't think we should envy Texas' frontier justice. It has come with a price. Last year, I yanked open a car door and went to hop in, only to discover a lady with a surprised look on her face sitting in the driver's seat. It was HER car...my identical looking car was 15 feet further down. If that happened in Texas, my kid could be growing up in a single-parent household. Is that the type of society we should envy ?

Maybe you should pay more attention.

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from schmoo:

I don't think we should envy Texas' frontier justice. It has come with a price. Last year, I yanked open a car door and went to hop in, only to discover a lady with a surprised look on her face sitting in the driver's seat. It was HER car...my identical looking car was 15 feet further down. If that happened in Texas, my kid could be growing up in a single-parent household. Is that the type of society we should envy ?

Years ago I was at the mall and unlocked my car, tossed my stuff in and hopped on the freeway.
I looked down to put in a tape and they were all gone along with the tape deck.
I was so pissed off until I noticed a sticker in the corner of the windshield and realized I had just stolen someone else's car.
By the time I got off the freeway and back to the mall the cops were there.
I showed them my identical car and the keys worked in this lady's car who was happy to get it back.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

great post you had there, but gun laws and homeowners defending themselves are a bit different in Wisconsin than Cali.

One of the (many) reasons I moved from Cali (where I was born and raised no less). Tired of get ripped off (by criminals in this example...er...the ones not in Gov't) and getting nothing more than another copy of a police report.

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I was so pissed off until I noticed a sticker in the corner of the windshield and realized I had just stolen someone else's car.
By the time I got off the freeway and back to the mall the cops were there.

I had a similar experience when the wife was pregnant. Started in labor and I'm running ahead of her to open the doors of our car parked in the apt carport and throw in her bag as she waddled behind me. Jumped in and started right up. She came over and knocked on the drivers window and pointed to our nearly identical car parked in the next stall. Apparently the neighbor had just recently bought the car.

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

This may well be the case if its fairly plug and play. I'm assuming it didn't have legs on, and any decent pinhead is going to remove the balls and such before packing it for moving (legs, balls and keys elsewhere). I doubt they would have the wherewithal to get it back together and running. While its not rocket surgery, I doubt they'll be looking for balls, legs and instructions on what comes next to get it running. While its possible it might turn up someplace (pawn, eBay, CL), I think another alternative is that it gets dumped somewhere. Perhaps they thought it had cash in it. Still a sad thing.

#144 6 years ago

Yep. Legs were locked inside truck. So someone has a 300 lb paperweight. Still think its a crackhead looking for quick cash.

#145 6 years ago

no whomever stole it knows what it is...a crackhead isn't going to steal something 300 lbs. They had to know exactly what it was and its worth. Heck might be some other pinhead gone bad sitting home reading this thread feeling good about the steal...who knows.....

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

a crackhead isn't going to steal something 300 lbs. They had to know exactly what it was and its worth.

trust me, they'll take anything. They'll still friggin legos

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Maybe you should pay more attention.

This might just be the silliest reply I have ever read. You must be fishing.

#148 6 years ago

The known dirtbags up here will take anything, there is a girl up here that was busted, let out then busted again for theft in the same week.
There is no punishment so they don't care, they get a couple hots and a cot and it is back to it.

She is already back out and wandering around the streets again.

http://alpenhornnews.com/woman-arrested-twice-in-one-week-p3828-1.htm

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from wizzardz:

I had a similar experience when the wife was pregnant. Started in labor and I'm running ahead of her to open the doors of our car parked in the apt carport and throw in her bag as she waddled behind me. Jumped in and started right up. She came over and knocked on the drivers window and pointed to our nearly identical car parked in the next stall. Apparently the neighbor had just recently bought the car.

This weekend I was comming out of the shops and saw an elderly couple walking towards my car, I was walking behind them. I thought they must have been parked behind me or something but they walked right up to my car and started trying to open it. I caught up to them and said that this is my car and they said oh your right and found their car parked in another row. Funny thing was my car is a sedan and black, theirs was a navy hatch back of a different make. Gave them a pass because they were quite old but if it was someone young doing that I wouldn't have trusted them or been happy. People do make honest mistakes and in the wrong society it can end badly

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from schmoo:

This might just be the silliest reply I have ever read. You must be fishing.

What you don't think you should pay attention to make sure you get in your own car?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 42.00
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 249.00
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 269.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 625.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside