• Latest reply 4 years ago by Benhurr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200102_080303 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Occasionally my Stargate is serving an additional ball when it shouldn't. I think it generally happens after draining a ball in a multiball mode. After I get down to 2 balls, multiball ends. After draining either ball, the ball ends and the game waits for the final ball to drain. Anybody seen this one? This is my first System 3 pin.

#2 4 years ago

Is your game set for ball save during multiball in the settings?I do believe you can set the timing for additional seconds for ball save

#3 4 years ago

Check the switch in the plunger lane, and make sure balls that get fired into the trough aren't bouncing back into the drain. My Stargate was occasionally losing track of balls because the one-way gate in the trough was in the wrong position and balls would sometimes roll back and hit the drain switch after being fired by the drain kicker.

#4 4 years ago

I had the same problem with my Super Mario. I ended up adding a spring to help the gate bounce back sooner following the advice in this post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-bros-help-gottlieb-outhole-kicker-ball-trough-issue#post-4128601

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Check the switch in the plunger lane, and make sure balls that get fired into the trough aren't bouncing back into the drain. My Stargate was occasionally losing track of balls because the one-way gate in the trough was in the wrong position and balls would sometimes roll back and hit the drain switch after being fired by the drain kicker.

Yes shooter lane switch might need adjusting.

#6 4 years ago

I took off the apron. All the switches looked and responded well. I added a spring to the one way gate as setzkor suggested. That seemed to make to problem happen more often! It did this about 15 times before I started the video:

The ball is getting launched so hard from the outhole that it is causing the next ball to skip over the ball release! A closer look at the video will reveal someone replaced the outhole solenoid with a much more powerful one! Rather than the A-26451 (30AWG/3000turns) from the manual, they used an A-5195 (26AWG/1305turns) that is normally used for the slingshots and kicking targets.

#7 4 years ago

Then the correct coil will need to be installed

#8 4 years ago

I've included a pic of my trough for reference. Your coil doesn't appear to be correct like pinmike suggests, however, I'm also wondering if for some reason the ball return is not adjusted properly and isn't sticking out far enough. Mine takes quite a bit of force to get a ball past it, I can't imagine a solenoid being able to hit the balls that hard.
IMG_20200102_080303 (resized).jpgIMG_20200102_080303 (resized).jpg

#9 4 years ago

Looks like the ball release coil isn't releasing the balls, the impact of the balls is forcing it over the release mech. Does the release coil work in test mode?

1 week later
#10 4 years ago

The parts attached to the right coil seems to be damage compared with the one on Mystman12 picture, and this coil does not work on your video.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-serving-additional-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.