(Topic ID: 282092)

Stargate sarcophagus rollover drop target issues

By Magicmike0

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I’m having trouble with the sarcophagus drop/rollover target popping up before you even launch the ball. It’s popping up and continues resetting over and over once I start a game. It doesn’t always do it right away, but sometimes it just pops up right after launch. Also I can hear a clicking under the playfield at times. Like something else going off randomly when I’m playing, at times when nothing is suppose to be happening.
I’ve read in another post that the drop target popped up early, and I believe it was the left ramp optic causing it for that guy. Not sure if this is the same issue.
It seems to drop and reset no problem in self tests. I cleaned the optics with a q tip, only so far. I did have an issue when I first bought it, with the right ramp optic. It wasn’t registering the Stargate letter shots. I had to add solder to connect where it was burned out. Maybe that’s causing a problem? It has worked for over a year without any problems though. Anywho. I contacted PBR and asked in the Stargate owner forum. Love to solve this ASAP if anyone had any idea. Thanks everyone in advance!

#2 3 years ago

I had this problem when I first got my Stargate and had a local tech look at it. What he did was clean the contacts for the shooter lane switch and also update the rom from version 3 to 4. It was probably just the switch cleaning that fixed it but since he updated the rom at the same time I figured I'd mention it just in case. Hope this helps.

#3 3 years ago

Lots of problems related to Stargate when I owned it were related to dirty contacts. Clean and adjust should be your default response.

#4 3 years ago

Thanks guys. I started with cleaning the contacts before, but I’ll try again. I’m sure they get dirty quickly. Also have made adjustments to the shooter lane in the past, because it was thinking the ball shot out as soon as it was put into the shooter lane.
It’s not doing that now, but still, maybe something is still off there again. I appreciate the tips.

#5 3 years ago

Cleaned the contacts, seems like it’s doing a little better than it was. Not happening every game now, but still pops up sometimes as soon as I launch the ball. At least it ain’t doing a constant reset before I even launch the ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-sarcophagus-rollover-drop-target-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.