• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5AE45868-54BA-4566-89E1-16AC57193E4C (resized).jpeg
B3C5094F-6484-4140-A363-0F5EEF5760B7 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

I have a great Stargate pin. I think it's one of the most underestimated pins out there. The boss battle is intense and I've only beaten it once in the three years I've owned the pin.

Recently the right ramp stopped acknowledging when the ball goes up and through. I do have the manual, but I'm not well versed in reading it. I did see that it's listed as switch B0 (in the manual) and I didn't see anything obviously wrong on the sensor itself. I also moved the sensors around a little bit to see if the alignment was off and it never registered.

Does this board go bad? Another issue? Everything else, including the left ramp works great.

Thanks for the wisdom!

#2 5 years ago

It could be a wiring issue, or the opto could have just burned out after many years of use. I think PBR has replacements you could try, check http://pbresource.com/Stargate.html#pcb

#3 5 years ago

Smart switch are made of electronics so it can be burned without looking break. You probably might replace it. Test it by switch it with another one next to him and see if it's works.
If not it came from the switch, if it works it probably came from wires.

#4 5 years ago

Thanks guys. I'll buy some opto's and see if that fixes it. Luckily they are super cheap!

#5 5 years ago

You'll get better replies on one of the Solid State forums. This is Electro Mechanical.

#6 5 years ago

Ya, but if you can fix an EM, you can fix anything.

#7 5 years ago

Moved to Modem Pinball Tech

2 months later
#8 5 years ago

I’m finally getting around to trying to fix this ramp. I can’t seem to find the 2 opto sensors. I posted pics of the two that I’m trying to replace. Do they both do the same thing? Is it common for these to go out? I googled this number and can’t find it anywhere? If you have any wisdom, I greatly appreciate it. I have a request in to Pinball Resources too. Thanks all.

5AE45868-54BA-4566-89E1-16AC57193E4C (resized).jpeg5AE45868-54BA-4566-89E1-16AC57193E4C (resized).jpegB3C5094F-6484-4140-A363-0F5EEF5760B7 (resized).jpegB3C5094F-6484-4140-A363-0F5EEF5760B7 (resized).jpeg
#9 5 years ago

You can switch plugs on diode board A17 with another optical diode to test them...if it doesn't work you can test optic by filming it with pinball powered on. The optical diode lights on video (can't see it with your eye but only on the movie you made with a cell phone or other camera).
A17 is under the playfield on the bottom right.
A red diode will shine on it if the optic Diode doesn't work but it could came from a bad wire or a bad cold solder. So test wires and, then test optic by resolder connection on Diode if it doesn't work better, film it. One of the 2 Diode might shine a little bit...the other can only be tested with an Ohmmeter by comparison with one working. Those 2 (emission and reception) can be found on Ebay for about 3$
Sorry for my bad english

#10 5 years ago

Thanks for the practical tips! That is super helpful. I will test it tonight.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-pin-optical-sensor-on-right-ramp?hl=benhurr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.