(Topic ID: 67929)

Stargate Owners Club - Shoot the Pyramid!

By GTO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,378 posts
  • 275 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by ita47
  • Topic is favorited by 125 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240413_120445 (resized).jpg
20240413_120413 (resized).jpg
20240413_120404 (resized).jpg
----PLAYFIELDStargate075DPIPFScan for MR KRUZMAN (resized).png
----PLAYFIELDStargate075DPIPFScan for MR KRUZMAN (resized).png
PXL_20240327_202526890 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240327_202541876 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240324_213917411 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181706696 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181041234 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181120542 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181107406 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181130681 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181120542 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181130681 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_120832.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stratdoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1010 5 years ago

I could use a little Stargate advice. I picked up a nice Stargate this weekend. As best I can tell most everything works except for the two left drop targets do not reset. I also don't think the ship underneath pyramid is working or the single drop target in the right top shooter lane - maybe I just have not activated the right sequence of shots to activate.

The pf and plastics need to be cleaned. In addition to the couple of issues mentioned above, what advice does the users' group have for stripping the pf so it can be cleaned and new rubbers installed.

Looking forward to being a member of this group.

#1014 5 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

On the drop target problem. Do they not want to stay up after resetting, or does it do nothing at all? Very important!

The right drop in the top right lane is never up. The two left drops reset at game start but once knocked down do not reset.

#1020 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

On your two left drops.... I can almost guaranty your problem is they are not registering points. In other words the CPU doesn't know they dropped so not resetting them. Does the right inlane drop work during test mode?

You were correct, the left drop was not registering points. Upon closer inspection, the wire connecting the two drop switches had come loose. I reconnected and now both drops register points, but I have to manually reset them. They do not reset at startup or in game. I checked the F34 fuse and sure enough it was blown. Replace the fuse and still have the same reset issue - not resetting at start of game. Next step to check the transistor on the board?

Robert

#1022 5 years ago
Quoted from StratDoc:

You were correct, the left drop was not registering points. Upon closer inspection, the wire connecting the two drop switches had come loose. I reconnected and now both drops register points, but I have to manually reset them. They do not reset at startup or in game. I checked the F34 fuse and sure enough it was blown. Replace the fuse and still have the same reset issue - not resetting at start of game. Next step to check the transistor on the board?
Robert

I fixed the two left drop target reset issue. It was a mechanical problem with the bracket.

I also got the glider working - in/out and left right. However, I have a strange issue. The pyramid stays up during game play and the glider constantly moves in/out. Switch issue? The look okay and register correctly during switch test.

Thanks

#1025 5 years ago

IMG_3995 (resized).JPGIMG_3995 (resized).JPGI think both wires are connected - pics attached - unless I am looking at the wrong wires.IMG_3992 (resized).JPGIMG_3992 (resized).JPG

#1028 5 years ago

Thank you. there is a third connection on this switch without a wire connected. Is that correct, no wire is attached to that lug on the switch? I note the left/right motor has wires connected to all three lugs on the switch.

#1030 5 years ago

It indeed was the switch not fully closing when the glider retracted. I think it is now resolved. The left two drops still want to occasionally stick so I need to tinker a little more with the bracket.

Glad to be a member of this club. Love this pin. Nice addition to the collection. Now I just need to learn the rule set. Stuff happens - e.g. get multi-ball but don't know exactly what I did.

#1031 5 years ago

This is a great pin. As I am learning the game I have noticed a couple of issues.

1) On the first ball of a game the left skill shot return sometimes doesn't let the ball fully enter the return. This results in the second ball not entering the shooter lane. A second ball in the return causes both to hang.

2) The right raise target doesn't seem to work when the white target is hit. It does work when the game activates a sequence to raise the target.

#1032 5 years ago
Quoted from StratDoc:

This is a great pin. As I am learning the game I have noticed a couple of issues.
1) On the first ball of a game the left skill shot return sometimes doesn't let the ball fully enter the return. This results in the second ball not entering the shooter lane. A second ball in the return causes both to hang.
2) The right raise target doesn't seem to work when the white target is hit. It does work when the game activates a sequence to raise the target.

I have these last two issues resolved. I am curious, however, about the left "skill shot" return. Underneath the pf attached to the return kicker mechanism was a meachanism/bracket that recessed when the ball entered the return and recessed when the ball exited as the kicker mechanism moved forward. It was sometimes hanging not letting the ball enter the return. I am not sure why the mechanism was there. It pin plays fine without it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stratdoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-owners-club-shoot-the-pyramid?tu=stratdoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.