(Topic ID: 67929)

Stargate Owners Club - Shoot the Pyramid!

By GTO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240327_202526890 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240327_202541876 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240324_213917411 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181706696 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181041234 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181120542 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181107406 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181130681 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181120542 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181130681 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_120832.jpg
20240306_183518 (resized).jpg
2024-01-04 18.36.14 (resized).jpg
20231206_172809 (resized).jpg
20231208_085055 (resized).jpg
20231208_085047 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kjm8888.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#276 10 years ago

So I decided to do some mods to my Stargate. My son painted the Anubis, Horus and the Mastadges.

Anubis-03.jpgAnubis-03.jpg Horus-03.jpgHorus-03.jpg Mastadge-01.jpgMastadge-01.jpg
#277 10 years ago

Then I did a full custom LED upgrade.

SG-02.jpgSG-02.jpg
#278 10 years ago

Since the wire ramps were all pitted and nasty looking I thought "perhaps a candy purple powder coat would be nice".

SG-13.jpgSG-13.jpg
#282 10 years ago
Quoted from Daniml:

Sweet habitrails! From the pic it looks more like they were anodized rather than powder coated. And kudos to your son ... great paint job!

Thanks! They look even better in person! A local guy did the powdercoating in his garage. He does mostly car and motorcycle parts but he will be getting more pinball work from me shortly. Only costs $100.00 for all habitrails and the wire guard on the apron. He said he can do flat colors at half the cost. My son has been painting Warhammer models for years so I knew he would do a great job on them.

Quoted from blondetall:

I really really like the purple! JKM8888, where did you get your info cards?

The cards are available for download here:
http://pinballcards.blogspot.com/search/label/Stargate

1 week later
#286 9 years ago
Quoted from Dutch-Mac:

He KJM ... without lightings the candy coat looks superb but how does it look when all is flashing inside. The reason I ask is because I want to do a simular job on my SG but still have my doubts. Redo my gold parts or candy coat them.

Personally, I prefer the purple because it looks better with the space theme. It looks great in bright light but, in all honestly, it's not as noticeable in my dark gameroom. Where the lights shine on them they look purple but, in a couple dark areas, they almost look black. I still think they look better than the gold ones but that's personal taste. Everyone has there opinions on modding in general. I say it's your pin so do what you like.

#295 9 years ago
Quoted from Dutch-Mac:

He KJM ... thanks for the honest response. I've decide to clean mine and and make them silver again. The gold look is really faded on my SG. My friend told me it would be easier to take off the gold look completely and make them silver. Easier to keep clean and much cheaper to get instead of redoing the gold theme. I will leave the pyramid gold. Can't wait to get my SG back. Anyone any thoughts on the silicone rings instead of rubber. At least it looks better with LED lighting but don't know how they play ...

I've never used the urethane rubbers but I love the way they look! I definitely have to try them. I love the Super Bands urethane flipper bands. Much better feel and ball control, IMHO.

#298 9 years ago
Quoted from Dutch-Mac:

Just finished my custom made instruction card ... if anyone wants to use it, feel free !

I'm liking it!

1 week later
#301 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Could use a little SG help. The VUK on the upper right doesn't work correctly. The ball kicks way up into the wireform and then falls back in. Sometimes it happens until call service message pops up and sometimes it works fine. I looked for a way to adjust and there isn't a lot you can do. Just a little bit of side to side movement. Anyone else have this problem and find a solution for it?

Start with the easiest first. Make sure the wireform is centered over the VUK so that the ball travels smoothly up the wireform. If that doesn't cure the problem you may need to rebuild the VUK. Check the linkage for free movement without alot of sideways slop. If the linkage looks good and moves smoothly you may have a weak coil that needs to be replaced.

#310 9 years ago

My Stargate is up for sale.

http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/11992

Sold!

1 week later
#321 9 years ago

Blondetall, here's what I did with my Stargate (before I sold it last weekend). I used all Cointaker frosted cool white LEDs in the head. They do overpower the ropelight a bit but not as bad as superbrights would. On the playfield I added a double spot from pinballbulbs.com to the upper right sling with Cointaker Purple frosted to illuminate the lower open section of the playfield. I then added 2 purple LED strips (also from pinballbulbs.com). The first was a flipper illumination strip that is mounted in the center drain. It does a great job illuminatiing the flipper area. The second I mounted on the wireform that crosses the middle of the playfield. I first tried mounting it under the top lip of the cabinet per their suggestion but everything is built up so much that the strip wasn't effective there. With it on the wireform the upper playfield is very well illuminated and, as an added bonus, the lights reflecting off of the ball as it rolls dowm the wireform is a very cool effect!

SG-12.jpgSG-12.jpg SG-13.jpgSG-13.jpg
2 weeks later
#327 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Can you show how you mounted this in detail? It is a cool idea.

SG-10.jpgSG-10.jpg

Here's the frontside view. I laid the strip in between the rails so it does not interfere with the ball at all.

SG-11.jpgSG-11.jpg

Here's the backside view. Because the strip only touches the vertical wires on the ramp, I used electrical tape to secure the strip from the back. This also ensures that there is no exposed adhesive on the strip to collect dirt and look nasty.

SG-09.jpgSG-09.jpg

The Williams/Bally light strip from pinballbulbs.com is plug and play on Gottlieb System 3 pins. I used the plug that is designed for ticket dispensers as it is typically unused on pins in the US. The plug supplies both +12v and ground. The light strip has an additional plug that allows you to daisy-chain multiple strips. You can see that I have 2 strips installed here, the second strip being a flipper illumination strip in the center drain.

6 months later
#413 9 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Yall seen this yet?
» YouTube video

That would make an awesome topper!

6 months later
#466 8 years ago
Quoted from DParcade:

Would anybody happen to have some snappy custom instruction/pricing cards made up? I printed some that were floating around online, but the PDF must have been distorted because the sizes were way off.

Here's the cards I used on my SG. Not my design. I found them somewhere online.

SG.pdfSG.pdf

SG_Inst.pdfSG_Inst.pdf

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
Decorations
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kjm8888.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-owners-club-shoot-the-pyramid?tu=kjm8888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.