(Topic ID: 67929)

Stargate Owners Club - Shoot the Pyramid!

By GTO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,378 posts
  • 275 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by ita47
  • Topic is favorited by 125 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240413_120445 (resized).jpg
20240413_120413 (resized).jpg
20240413_120404 (resized).jpg
----PLAYFIELDStargate075DPIPFScan for MR KRUZMAN (resized).png
----PLAYFIELDStargate075DPIPFScan for MR KRUZMAN (resized).png
PXL_20240327_202526890 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240327_202541876 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240324_213917411 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181706696 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181041234 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181120542 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181107406 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181130681 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181120542 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181130681 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_120832.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edenecho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#923 6 years ago

I became a member yesterday, picked up a Stargate (its heavy!!!) and it looks quite good, it has some wear on certain places but will cover it with mylar or a playfield protector and maybe touch up with some paint.

It worked when we looked at the machine before pickup, but when turning it on at its destination I just got garbled dmd. This is apparently due to 5volt, so will have to measure and probably adjust that knob. But before I can do that.... I need to enter the backbox. The key has been gone for many years apparently. Any idea if this is a standard gottlieb type of backbox key? (see picture below). Or might it be best to just drill it out and buy a new lock?

Its also "amusing" that the main playfield is covered in mylar, but not the crucial places like where the ball is dropped in the inlane from ramps

A good top shop with new rubbers, bulbs and cleaning will make it good =)

sg left rampdrop wear (resized).jpgsg left rampdrop wear (resized).jpg

sg center pyramid wear (resized).jpgsg center pyramid wear (resized).jpg

sg pf overview 2 (resized).jpgsg pf overview 2 (resized).jpg

sg garbled dmd (resized).jpgsg garbled dmd (resized).jpg

sg pf overview (resized).jpgsg pf overview (resized).jpg

sg right ramp (resized).jpgsg right ramp (resized).jpg

sg_inside_cabinet (resized).jpgsg_inside_cabinet (resized).jpg

sg right rampdrop wear (resized).jpgsg right rampdrop wear (resized).jpg

sg_keylock_nokey (resized).jpgsg_keylock_nokey (resized).jpg

sg_left orbit (resized).jpgsg_left orbit (resized).jpg

sg_pf1 (resized).jpgsg_pf1 (resized).jpg

sg_right orbit wear (resized).jpgsg_right orbit wear (resized).jpg

#927 6 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Edenecho Welcome to the club! Other than the wear spots it looks like the game should clean up pretty nice. The lock looks like it's in the unlocked position... Have you tried removing the translite even though you don't have the key? Maybe some locks are just oriented differently from mine, I don't know. Either way, DavidMP is right, if you have the right tool you can just remove the lock without drilling it.

Hmm havent actually tried removing it. But I guess ill try just pry out those two screws, ordering a new lock with key from PBR anyways Will post back with some updates when I have some.

Also, anyone know if a playfield protector for this game has been made?

1 month later
#938 6 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Hello all. I have a nice stargate Im thinking of getting rid of. Very nice condition, error free. Any thoughts on value?. Im on the fence with this game. Actually enjoy it and.hate to sell . I haven't seen many nice examples for.sale. any thoughts?

Judging by how you write, you seem to expect a decent amount for it. I like gottliebs, but....its still a gottlieb

1 week later
#940 6 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Im in the club as of last night. Been wanting this one for a while now.

Welcome! I have leds from comet on the way, so next week probably i will do a full top shop and clean, change rubbers and leds, add pf protector and rebuild flippers/add decals. Planning to film the tear down process so hopefully it will be useful for others also.

#952 6 years ago

Does anyone have some general tips for teardown on stargate? I.e what ramps/parts etc should be removed in which order?

#954 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Just did mine last night. One tip is: if you really don't need to take the posts off at both slingshoots. Don't do it. The have lock-tight on them and break easily.
I use several containers to keep everything separated by sections. And take a picture of everything as I go. many, many pictures. But it's not as hard as it looks.

Yeah, I am very meticulous when it comes to teardown myself. I always place the parts on a table besides the pin, keeping the "positions" and also drawing plastics shapes and laying the screws correctly. Lots of photos and video.

When I did Street Fighter 2, I followed a "guide" which was like "take off the upper pf first, then right ramp, then left ramp etc etc".
So basically wondering if there is a similar strategy for stargate

2 weeks later
#959 6 years ago

Alright, so after 9 hours of frustration yesterday I had my stargate teardowned and put back, with new rubbers and playfield protector. It plays ok, but i have som minor tweaks that needs be done.

One issue, after putting back the upper flipper with a new thin rubber from titan pinball, it seems the ball hits the rubber and "bumps" out instead of rolling naturally down the flipper for a better shot at left ramp.

But also i cannot see how this is solved as the lane guide seems to hit the flipper no matter how the flipper is in its default position.

Any tips?

#961 6 years ago

I fixed my issue with the ball not managing to make right ramp by leveling the front left side. Also had forgot to reattach the left ramp opto, and the bullsehr kicker target wire had come loose so i soldered it on.

Then added the last of leds to playfield and backglass.

20180308_215130 (resized).jpg20180308_215130 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#971 6 years ago

Wondering if any fellow stargaters may give me some help

I have unscrewed the interlock switch, pulled it out and laid it in the cabinet, so that the power is not shut when opening the coin door.
But now, when I power ont he machine I get straight to the "menu screen". not a major issue in itself, but after playing a game, it shows the final score for some seconds then jumps back to this menu screen, making it difficult for tournament play because one needs to see and register your score.

Any idea why this screen is shown automatically?

IMG_20180418_233431 (resized).jpgIMG_20180418_233431 (resized).jpg

#973 6 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

One of the two interlock switches is used to detect whether or not the coin door is open or not, and has nothing to do with power. When the tournament switch is on, and the coin door is open, this menu is displayed. I think all you need to do is put the coin door detecting switch back, and you should be able to leave the interlock removed.

I managed to fix it yesterday, the two "plug in" wires going to the interlock switch was not connected.

9 months later
#1120 5 years ago

Hi fellow owners. I wondered if any can help.

I discovered lately that the kicker target to the left of the pyramid did not register. I fickled with the blue-green wire and pulled it loose very easy. Bad connection i assumed.

Then i soldered it onto the same lug with the other wires, but still the switch does not register. I got unsure if the wire was supposed to be on the other lug ie the other side of the diode. I tried soldering it on there, but then the tournament switch did not work, except now the kicker target worked again but it slso triggered the tournamen switch at the same time. I see both are on same switch column so suspect that was wrong wiring.

Can anyone send me a photo of how the wires should be attached to the center kicker target switch?

Thanks

20190206_214015 (resized).jpg20190206_214015 (resized).jpg20190206_214019 (resized).jpg20190206_214019 (resized).jpg20190206_214033 (resized).jpg20190206_214033 (resized).jpg
#1122 5 years ago

Thanjs! That was it, orange brown on wrong side. Thanks =)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edenecho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-owners-club-shoot-the-pyramid?tu=edenecho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.